NFL Head Coach. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

NFL Head Coach.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:51 pm

Does anyone find it difficult to get your defensive linemen's attributes to increase? I do the 1 vs 1 - OL vs DL contact and non-contact, but my D-linemen just seem to have trouble getting to the QB, even when I put my worst O-linemen against them. Any ideas?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:52 pm

bagobonez wrote:Does anyone find it difficult to get your defensive linemen's attributes to increase? I do the 1 vs 1 - OL vs DL contact and non-contact, but my D-linemen just seem to have trouble getting to the QB, even when I put my worst O-linemen against them. Any ideas?

Try having them blitz in Off-Def Contact, and then send your RB straight at them. Might work.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:05 pm

Popcynical wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Does anyone find it difficult to get your defensive linemen's attributes to increase? I do the 1 vs 1 - OL vs DL contact and non-contact, but my D-linemen just seem to have trouble getting to the QB, even when I put my worst O-linemen against them. Any ideas?

Try having them blitz in Off-Def Contact, and then send your RB straight at them. Might work.

Does Off vs Def improve their attributes or only their knowledge of the plays?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:52 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Popcynical wrote:

Does Off vs Def improve their attributes or only their knowledge of the plays?

Both.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:13 am

I've been debating whether or not to get this, but it seems to me that the majority here love it. Am I correct?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:59 am

Just to Warn you guys... major glitches are being found... critical glitches.

This is from another forum:

so i finished up a wekk of training. im in my third year went 16-0 in my second year with the texans. heading into week to i skipp past the meeting and pregame reviw to the game...like always. i notice somethin odd tho, all the scores of the simmed games are 0-0. hmmm. so i get to my game and its not even my friggin team its the ravens and rams! so i try and play the game to see if my team will magically pop up. i go to the kickoff screen and it reads "no data available"?? okay, i saved before that so i reload....scores are the same and so is the @#$%&*% GAME! so i decide to skip past that game. 1 loss wont kill me and i sim to the next weeks game..all scores 0-0 and the game i simmed to is the same friggin game from the week before!!! rams VS ravens!!!!!!! holy ###### im so freakin piissed right now.

i just lost my SB winning franchise.

your right...it happened again...2nd time my franchise is null and void...3rd times the charm? ######in EA ill never by their games without renting first again.

---

i was having fun until i realized my defense got changed to 3-4 , and i could never change it back until next year.

----

1)sept 6/06 glitch wher if you do any activity on this date it will lock up. I really dont think it happened the first time but it happened the 2nd and i looked online and im not the only one.

2)in practice or in game the nav menu will disapear. while in practice if you unplug and replug your controller then exit you'll be okay but you loose the practice. If its in a game you have to wait for a delay of game.

3)when doing a PA pass your QB gets stuck looking backwards and throws a pass WAAAAYY behind the line, usually resulting in a defensive TD.

4)if you make "strategy" checks during a practice they may remain or dissapeer the next practice. not sure if its a glitch but its annoying having to check the same things every other practice.

5)subsitutions: if you go to your substitution screen and substitue players they are not the ones on the practice field. your default depth chart players are. so if you want 3 DT's in a 3-4 but want your DE's in on a dime pack your SOL.

6)the 0-0 bug: when simulating to your game the scores of the games before yours are 0-0 and when you get to your game its 2 completely different teams. you cannot reload, your franchise is lost from what ive seen. i called an EA support and they said its a glitch that happens sometimes when players get injured when you sim a practice. He said a senior Tech would call me later....no call back.

hmm thats all i can think of off the top of my head. ill post more when i play again. as you can imagine having to start over 2 times and doing the same draft 3 times its kinda getting old.

here's a few more that im not sure if they can be labled glitches, bad programming, or both.

1) on run plays where linemen pull sometimes they will run out of the play behind the RB. Happens with the FB sometimes too.

2)the good ole madden "rain dance". where on a punt return the blockers gather round the returner and let the defenders run right by them.

3)jumping up in the air and throwing an "off pass" with very little or no pressure

4)not doing what you tell them in the "strategy" section. like with eli i put him to spread the ball around and he kept targeting his NO.1. when i clicked "go back to what you know" he started spreading the ball around.

5)while in a meeting with your coordinators they will be talking about a certain postion but it will just say (null). If this happens i think your screwed it happened to me and after that the 0-0 bug killed my franchise.

that all for now, more to come soon im sure.

-----
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:38 am

ughhhh. This game has potential to be a great game without glitches, etc. but this year's version is definitely bugged. I called like 4 blockbusters asking if head coach was in stock and they all said no, so i bought the game because i really wanted to play it and not wait 2 weeks. I wish I had waited and rented it. :~( $40 is way too much for this game.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Hey does anyone know what causes a player's MAXIMUM attributes to go down? I had Drew Bledsoe maxed out at an 80... next time I look at him his max is 77. Is this reversible?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Are these glitches for the XBOX or PC?
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The town with the BEST football fans around! PITTSBURGH, PA

Postby jayday » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Ok, here are my thoughts....

The premise for this game is very promising with it being one of the first ever Sports/Strategy games....I like the micromanaging of a franchise and being able to draft and run practices, etc.....And the graphics are more than good enough for me in a game like this....

But....I am disappointed in the following areas..

-Motivation...What the heck is going on with this feature?! Example: Rudi Johnson rips off an 80 yard TD....He comes to the sidelines and I tell him "You're looking great today, keep it up" And this has a negative impact on him? :-? It is completely unpredictable because next time he may want that compliment.....They need a bigger selection of motivational phrases too....Your choices are A) I'm gonna stick my foot in your a-- and B) Do you need a hug? There needs to be a middle ground in there somewhere....

-Strategy....It seems like they do the opposite of what you tell them to do.....Example: I tell Carson Palmer to "Protect the ball, don't force it"....He goes on to throw 5 picks that game....I had no choice, I had to pass because I was behind....

-Artificial Intelligence is spotty at best...

In short, EA has a nice base to improve upon....The areas they need to improve most are the areas of the game that make this game unique....The motivation, strategy, AI, etc....I'm looking forward to future releases, because this one just wasn't ready to hit shelves yet in my opinion....

Popcynical wrote:I've been playing this game a lot as well. I dunno if it's because my computer sucks, or it's just the game.. but gameplay is pretty slow. It seems they're moving in slow motion.

Try changing the gameplay video settings....Like change Field Detail from High to Medium....Uses less RAM on your PC...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games