Alright starting to mess around with sigs.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Alright starting to mess around with sigs..

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Alright starting to mess around with sigs..

Postby ljthockey » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Anyways I was bored today and decided to download the trial of photoshop I messed around with it last year but never really learned anything so im completly new to it this is what I came up with today after looking around at some old posts and tutorials and links people posted for help.

Anyways please critique this and any help would be appreciated. I think it is under cafe size limits? im not sure. Hopefully I can become decent at this with practice..

Edit: Also could someone help me with the whole border thing :-?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alright starting to mess around with sigs..

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:55 pm

ljthockey wrote:Anyways I was bored today and decided to download the trial of photoshop I messed around with it last year but never really learned anything so im completly new to it this is what I came up with today after looking around at some old posts and tutorials and links people posted for help.

Anyways please critique this and any help would be appreciated. I think it is under cafe size limits? im not sure. Hopefully I can become decent at this with practice..

Edit: Also could someone help me with the whole border thing :-?

That's an INCREDIBLE sig for a first.. ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Your Hero » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Looks good for your first try. First thing I'd do would probably be to add a border. I'd also work on the cutting out of the facemask, I know facemasks can be really tricky at times. I'd probably move the font over a little bit, seems to far to the left. It also looks like you tried to blend the "Droughns" text. A more effective way would be to set the beldning layer to "overlay". That's all I can think of now, hopefully this helps a little. But great job for your first sig, and I'm sure you'll be improving quickly. ;-D
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:58 pm

I agree with YH.

Pretty good sig though for your first time! ;-D
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Your Hero » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm

For your basic border just make a new layer one top of everything, ctrl+a, then edit>stroke, usually one pixel black. Hope this helps.
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:45 pm

Your Hero wrote:For your basic border just make a new layer one top of everything, ctrl+a, then edit>stroke, usually one pixel black. Hope this helps.

thanks alot man I should have a new sig to show my progress by the weekend it sucks my times so limited though with school and work anyway....any tips on how to cut out players better other that just zoom in really close.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:46 pm

ljthockey wrote:
Your Hero wrote:For your basic border just make a new layer one top of everything, ctrl+a, then edit>stroke, usually one pixel black. Hope this helps.

thanks alot man I should have a new sig to show my progress by the weekend it sucks my times so limited though with school and work anyway....any tips on how to cut out players better other that just zoom in really close.

There's a lot of ways, magnetic lasso, eraser, pen tool, quick mask, etc. I use the quick mask with a hard edge brush. I've tried a bunch of different ways but this seems to fit me the best. I'd say try em all and see what you like.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests