Top five draft picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top five draft picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top five draft picks

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:39 pm

I know its a little early with free agency and the scouting combine still needing to happen, but as of right now, what do you think the texans, saints, titans, jets, and packers will do with their draft picks???

1. Jets (from Texans) - Reggie Bush; Martin is getting older and the jets need a replacement. something tells me they wont give up on pennington just yet.

2. Saints - Matt Leinart; Could go with young, but something tells me they like leinart more

3. Titans - Vince Young; Will take whichever qb the saints dont take; need to get a replacement in place for mcnair, and i dont see billy volek being that replacement.

4. Texans (from Jets) - D'brickashaw Ferguson; have always suffered from lack of personel up front. this would be a nice start. dont really need a new running back or qb.

5. Packers - Mario Williams; dont need a linebacker as much as they need an end. Williams would give them a great set of ends.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:12 pm

I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

Another possibility would be if the Jets have lost faith in Pennington and trade up to take Leinart. I just don't see them trading up for Bush, because everyone knows Houston is behooved not to take a QB or RB. Without trades, Bush could very well drop down to the Jets, and unless someone below them made noise about trading up with Tenessee or New Orleans, they should stay put.

1. Matt Leinart - Jets (from Texans)
2. Vince Young - Saints
3. Reggie Bush - 49ers (from Titans)
4. D'Brickshaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. AJ Hawk - Packers
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby onnestabe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:32 pm

I worry as a Saints fan that someone will trade up to take Leinart, and the Saints would take VY. Everyone thinks that Leinart will be a better QB than VY, and everyone also knows that he won't make it past the Saints at #2, so conditions seem right for a move up for Leinart.

Also, I have heard that the Jets won't have the cap room to sign Bush if they draft him, so they are actually looking to trade down.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

Another possibility would be if the Jets have lost faith in Pennington and trade up to take Leinart. I just don't see them trading up for Bush, because everyone knows Houston is behooved not to take a QB or RB. Without trades, Bush could very well drop down to the Jets, and unless someone below them made noise about trading up with Tenessee or New Orleans, they should stay put.

2. Vince Young - Saints
5. AJ Hawk - Packers

Agreed completely ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:46 pm

maddog60 wrote:I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

2. Vince Young - Saints
5. AJ Hawk - Packers

That is a lot of trading, so I doubt it. I really think that Leinart will be the one to fall.
Reggie to the 1st pick (whoever that is) VY to the saints, Titans take D'Brickashaw, and the Jets take Mario Williams in an attempt to replace Abraham. Pack get tons of calls for Leinart so maybe that is where the trade happens.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby terpfan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:08 pm

Heres what I think:
1. Reggie Bush - Jets (from Texans)
2. Matt Leinart - Saints
3. Vince Young - Titans
4. D' Brickashaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. A.J. Hawk - Packers
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Miked_Up » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:14 pm

1. Reggie Bush -Texans
2. Matt Leinart - Saints
3. Vince Young - Titans
4. Mario Williams - Jets
5. A. J. Hawk - Packers

BAM! No trading, just good, sensible picks. The way the NFL actually works.
Miked_Up
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:16 pm

sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:

2. Vince Young - Saints
5. AJ Hawk - Packers

Agreed completely ;-D

God I hope the titans do not trade down :-o
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Texans will probaly trade their pick, not sure to who though :-? If it is to the Jets I think they'll take bush instead of Lienart.

As much as I love Mario Williams, the Packers will take AJ Hawk. Mario may be the better of the two regardless of posistion, but they need a linebacker, bad.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm

terpfan wrote:Heres what I think:
1. Reggie Bush - Jets (from Texans)
2. Matt Leinart - Saints
3. Vince Young - Titans
4. D' Brickashaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. A.J. Hawk - Packers

That's exactly how I have it, too. I just can't see the Packers passing on Hawk when he's the best talent on the board and he fills a need on defense.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk