Top five draft picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Top five draft picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:36 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:
sPoRtZsTuD2318 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

Another possibility would be if the Jets have lost faith in Pennington and trade up to take Leinart. I just don't see them trading up for Bush, because everyone knows Houston is behooved not to take a QB or RB. Without trades, Bush could very well drop down to the Jets, and unless someone below them made noise about trading up with Tenessee or New Orleans, they should stay put.

1. Matt Leinart - Jets (from Texans)
2. Vince Young - Saints
3. Reggie Bush - 49ers (from Titans)
4. D'Brickshaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. AJ Hawk - Packers


Agreed completely ;-D


God I hope the titans do not trade down :-o


it might be the best Idea for us since we need MUCH more than 1 player. Plus we could still trade down and get Cutler later in the first. Can you tell Im not sold on Young?
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:01 pm

maddog60 wrote:I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

Another possibility would be if the Jets have lost faith in Pennington and trade up to take Leinart. I just don't see them trading up for Bush, because everyone knows Houston is behooved not to take a QB or RB. Without trades, Bush could very well drop down to the Jets, and unless someone below them made noise about trading up with Tenessee or New Orleans, they should stay put.

1. Matt Leinart - Jets (from Texans)
2. Vince Young - Saints
3. Reggie Bush - 49ers (from Titans)
4. D'Brickshaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. AJ Hawk - Packers



2 things.

#1 - The Jets probably won't trade up, because they have so many needs.

#2 - If they do happen to trade up, they would, without a doubt, take Reggie Bush. They CAN'T take a QB with the #1 pick because they couldn't afford it, since pennington is going to cost a whopping 15 mill against the cap this year.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby Monse_HQ » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:08 pm

Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 224
Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:45 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I agree with the 1st four. If the Packers can resign Kaufman they have him and KGB, and would be much better served grabbing AJ Hawk at number 5.

Another possibility would be if the Jets have lost faith in Pennington and trade up to take Leinart. I just don't see them trading up for Bush, because everyone knows Houston is behooved not to take a QB or RB. Without trades, Bush could very well drop down to the Jets, and unless someone below them made noise about trading up with Tenessee or New Orleans, they should stay put.

1. Matt Leinart - Jets (from Texans)
2. Vince Young - Saints
3. Reggie Bush - 49ers (from Titans)
4. D'Brickshaw Ferguson - Texans (from Jets)
5. AJ Hawk - Packers



2 things.

#1 - The Jets probably won't trade up, because they have so many needs.

#2 - If they do happen to trade up, they would, without a doubt, take Reggie Bush. They CAN'T take a QB with the #1 pick because they couldn't afford it, since pennington is going to cost a whopping 15 mill against the cap this year.


I agree it would not be smart for the Jets to trade up, but if they do, why would they take any RB? Given how many RBs are available, guys like Edge couldn't get dealt for a 2nd rounder last year, and someone is going to pay a premium of probably two years consecutive 1st rounders to acquire Bush? No way. Especially they would not trade up for Bush, because if each of the three teams ahead of them did what is best for them, Bush would fall to Jets anyway.

I thought draft position dictated the cost of the contract on rookies? QBs typically get more, but they also tend to go higher in the first round. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but wouldn't not being able to afford Leinart mean they simply can't afford the #1 overall whomever it is?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:48 pm

Monse_HQ wrote:Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.


Finally someone who sees the light! ;-D
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:17 pm

It would be very difficult for the Jets to take a QB in this draft if Pennington is still on the roster. There would be way to much money tied up in the QB position and kill the rest of the team which needs some major help on offense. Best bet is the Jets trading out due to Pennington's status and contract and the Jets cap situation. Although by April the cap situation could be in a better situation.
Image
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7929
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:21 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Monse_HQ wrote:Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.


Finally someone who sees the light! ;-D


Cutler won't be a late first rounder, he probably won't make it past the Dolphins at 16, and that's if he even makes it there.
Image
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4532
Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At a Friend's House

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:03 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Monse_HQ wrote:Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.


Finally someone who sees the light! ;-D


Cutler won't be a late first rounder, he probably won't make it past the Dolphins at 16, and that's if he even makes it there.


No, but the Titans could still trade down to the 6-10 area and almost certainly get Cutler.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 pm

maddog60 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Monse_HQ wrote:Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.


Finally someone who sees the light! ;-D


Cutler won't be a late first rounder, he probably won't make it past the Dolphins at 16, and that's if he even makes it there.


No, but the Titans could still trade down to the 6-10 area and almost certainly get Cutler.


Yes Sir ;-D
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Monse_HQ wrote:Whoever gets Cutler and late 1st/early 2nd will come out better than spending a higher pick on Lienart/Young.

The Titans could trade down and pick up Cutler late 1st along with filling other needs.


Finally someone who sees the light! ;-D


Cutler won't be a late first rounder, he probably won't make it past the Dolphins at 16, and that's if he even makes it there.


No, but the Titans could still trade down to the 6-10 area and almost certainly get Cutler.


Yes but thats not late first like the original post said.

I like it to go like this:

Texans Shock the world and do the right thing by taking Ferguson.

Saints grab Lienart. They don't touch young. They already tried that experiment.

Titans stick with the pick and take Bush.

Jets grab Young.

Packers grab Hawk.

Thats my 2 cents.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:11 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact