Al Gore is a traitor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Al Gore is a traitor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Al Gore is a traitor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Should have posted this yesterday. He won't but Gore should be tried for treason in my opinion. Interested to see what others think.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ ... _Gore.html
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:49 pm

He just spoke the truth. Is there something wrong with that? I think treason is a little extreme.

I sense this thread turning sour real quick...
Last edited by J2thez929 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Al Gore is a traitor

Postby moonhead » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Should have posted this yesterday. He won't but Gore should be tried for treason in my opinion. Interested to see what others think.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ ... _Gore.html

what did he do to deserve being brought up on treason charges? :-?
speak his mind? this isn't russia. is this russia? (on a caddyshack kick now since the movie quote thread)
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:50 pm

I think you are overracting to the extreme.

I'm all about finding those responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

I believe it's a violation of one's rights to be indiscriminately rounded up and held in "unforgivable" conditions. If an Arab-American's or any American's civil rights were violated in this way, and they had no connection to the attacks, then the government has committed a wrong agaisnt that person.

That's all Gore said. Why should he be convicted of treason? If political criticism is treason, then I better get ready for the hangman, cause he is comin...

:-t :-t :-t :-t
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:56 pm

J2thez929 wrote:He just spoke the truth. Is there something wrong with that? I think treason is a little extreme.

I sense this thread turning sour real quick...

Agreed, I don't find fault in what Gore said. Speaking the truth isn't always in popular opinion. I'm sure the cafe's favorite gerbil will be sniffing this thread out in short time.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:57 pm

I'll resist from launching on the political and urge you instead to read the 1st amendment to the Constitution of this country.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution ... amendmenti

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:59 pm

I personally am infuriated by this. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but think about this. The majority of the people in attendance that day, and most of Saudi Arabia as a whole, were Sunnis. Almost all of Al-Quaeda, including all but one, I believe, of the the 9-11 terrorists were Sunni. This was simply instigating more hatred towards America. It would be similar to one of us going back to WWII, traveling over to Japan and bashing the government that we are currently at war with. Again, this is my opinion, but I believe it to be completely out of line to attempt to gain favor, with those who hate your country, by feeding that hate even more. Moreover, where is the proof or evidence that these injustices actually have occurred?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Dude » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I personally am infuriated by this. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but think about this. The majority of the people in attendance that day, and most of Saudi Arabia as a whole, were Sunnis. Almost all of Al-Quaeda, including all but one, I believe, of the the 9-11 terrorists were Sunni. This was simply instigating more hatred towards America. It would be similar to one of us going back to WWII, traveling over to Japan and bashing the government that we are currently at war with. Again, this is my opinion, but I believe it to be completely out of line to attempt to gain favor, with those who hate your country, by feeding that hate even more. Moreover, where is the proof or evidence that these injustices actually have occurred?

And its a political opinion, and ergo, does not belong in the cafe.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm

Ok, I can see being angry that he's making claims that the government is abusing Arabs without having any support. It's slanderous, but treasonous? C'mon! I'm no fan of Gore, but this in no way constitutes treason.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Political opinions don't belong in the cafe? We can't engage in civil political banter? Seriously, I did not see that in the rules. If I am wrong, please paste it here and I will cease to post such opinions in the future.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk