Vince Young: May not throw at combines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vince Young: May not throw at combines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but I really don't understand all this "bust talk about Young. He can throw. He got over 3000 yards passing this year (and often times only played between half to 3/4 of a game). He threw 26 TDs and ran in another 12.

Even in the Championship game, he rushed for 200, but threw for over 250, witha 75% completion rate. Rushing for 200 yards makes it obvious he beat them with his legs, but he did also beat them with his arm.

Using the NFL equation (cutting college numbers in half) Vince rushed for 100 yards and only threw for 125.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:32 pm

I think it would be stupid for anyone projected in the top five to attend combines. There simply is nothing to gain, so why bother?

As for VY's passing ability, he certainly does have an unconventional throwing motion. That doesnt' mean he can't be a good pro passer. He has better than average arm strength and better than average accuracy. Add his size and mobility and you have the tools for a freakish game changing QB.

I would love it if he could drop to the Lions at nine. It won't happen, but what he could do...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:55 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but I really don't understand all this "bust talk about Young. He can throw. He got over 3000 yards passing this year (and often times only played between half to 3/4 of a game). He threw 26 TDs and ran in another 12.

Even in the Championship game, he rushed for 200, but threw for over 250, witha 75% completion rate. Rushing for 200 yards makes it obvious he beat them with his legs, but he did also beat them with his arm.

Using the NFL equation (cutting college numbers in half) Vince rushed for 100 yards and only threw for 125.

Throw in an INT or two and those look like Michael Vick numbers :-D

I couldn't resist.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:

Throw in an INT or two and those look like Michael Vick numbers :-D

I couldn't resist.

Consider how badly Leinart's numbers are then? sub 200 total yards, plus a turnover. That's like JP Losman kinda numbers.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk