PFT: Culpepper Being Shopped 2/15/06 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PFT: Culpepper Being Shopped 2/15/06

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:37 pm

VaderFin wrote:Miami will still run Linehans offense this coming season which is the same system Culpepper loved in Minny. Send him to Miami now!

If Culpepper can play even 12 games this year, if Miami got him, I'd give them close to 50/50 odds on taking the division. I'm surprised you're all for this though Vader. I thought you'd want them to draft Cutler (perhaps sacrificing this season in doing so) for the long-term benefits.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:45 pm

maddog60 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Miami will still run Linehans offense this coming season which is the same system Culpepper loved in Minny. Send him to Miami now!

If Culpepper can play even 12 games this year, if Miami got him, I'd give them close to 50/50 odds on taking the division. I'm surprised you're all for this though Vader. I thought you'd want them to draft Cutler (perhaps sacrificing this season in doing so) for the long-term benefits.

I do want them to draft Cutler. BUT, if they can get a guy like Culpepper instead I am all for it. I already know what Culpepper can do...people think they know what Cutler might be able to do. Philip Rivers and Matt Schaub are probably the only 2 guys I would want Miami to get and not draft Cutler but that was before Culpepper came into the mix.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:24 pm

dont forget volek could be a possiblity for miami...he has looked really good so far in his young career

i would love the saints to sign him
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

mysticphysh wrote: but the Browns really need to bring in a young QB to develop behind Dilfer.

*cough* Charlie Frye *cough*

I can really seeing him going to Miami for some reason..
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:35 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:dont forget volek could be a possiblity for miami...he has looked really good so far in his young career

i would love the saints to sign him

Volek's almost 30. I'm not saying he isn't good enough to start somewhere (he is imo), but he's not a young guy with long-term potential.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigGAME101 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:43 pm

VaderFin wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

I do want them to draft Cutler. BUT, if they can get a guy like Culpepper instead I am all for it. I already know what Culpepper can do...people think they know what Cutler might be able to do. Philip Rivers and Matt Schaub are probably the only 2 guys I would want Miami to get and not draft Cutler but that was before Culpepper came into the mix.

Matt Schaub is very overrated. He has had but a few decent passing games in Vick's absence, but compared to Vick almost all Qb's in the league will look like good quarterbacks. Rivers, on the other hand, is a gamer with lots of potential and good leadership skills. I would not pass on the potential of Cutler for Schaub, but would most certainly take the gamble on Rivers.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:49 pm

You can't exactly say he's overrated though just because he's done well every time he's played. I like Schaub, he is a pretty good passer and uses his feet well. He is not necessarily a Mike Vick with his legs but he has deceptive speed and uses it very well. I think Atlanta will try to hang on to him but there will be many teams who continue to be interested in him.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:51 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:Matt Schaub is very overrated. He has had but a few decent passing games in Vick's absence, but compared to Vick almost all Qb's in the league will look like good quarterbacks. Rivers, on the other hand, is a gamer with lots of potential and good leadership skills. I would not pass on the potential of Cutler for Schaub, but would most certainly take the gamble on Rivers.

Couldnt agree more, especially when you look at what ATL is asking for him - a 1st or high 2nd rd pick - no way is he worth that much - thats crazy.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:53 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:Matt Schaub is very overrated. He has had but a few decent passing games in Vick's absence, but compared to Vick almost all Qb's in the league will look like good quarterbacks. Rivers, on the other hand, is a gamer with lots of potential and good leadership skills. I would not pass on the potential of Cutler for Schaub, but would most certainly take the gamble on Rivers.

Couldnt agree more, especially when you look at what ATL is asking for him - a 1st or high 2nd rd pick - no way is he worth that much - thats crazy.

I'd take a shot on him over Omar Jacobs in the 2nd round. 1st round, they won't get, 2nd round is possible.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:00 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

I'd take a shot on him over Omar Jacobs in the 2nd round. 1st round, they won't get, 2nd round is possible.

Yea....I would consider taking a shot at Schaub for a second rounder.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk