PFT: Culpepper Being Shopped 2/15/06 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PFT: Culpepper Being Shopped 2/15/06

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 pm

Oh yeah, I'd take Matt Schaub as a QB with experience over taking a gamble in the draft! A lot "experts" have ragged on Atl's receivers the past couple years, but Matt Schaub proved that it's not the receivers in those few games he played for Vick.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:41 pm

If I was the Lion's I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:29 am

maddog60 wrote:
louisianacajunsam wrote:dont forget volek could be a possiblity for miami...he has looked really good so far in his young career

i would love the saints to sign him

Volek's almost 30. I'm not saying he isn't good enough to start somewhere (he is imo), but he's not a young guy with long-term potential.
By today's standards 30 isn't that old to become an NFL starter at all. Guys like Hass, Trent Green and Kurt Warner for that matter didn't get starting gigs until around the same time.

Culpepper to Miami not only gives them a great shot at the division, but it would put them in position to make noise in the conference as a whole. Cutler long term may develop into a nice QB but Culpepper is a very good QB already.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:20 am

Kensat30 wrote:If I was the Lion's I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

No way does Minny trade their QB to a division rival, that just isn't going to happen.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:23 am

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Volek's almost 30. I'm not saying he isn't good enough to start somewhere (he is imo), but he's not a young guy with long-term potential.
By today's standards 30 isn't that old to become an NFL starter at all. Guys like Hass, Trent Green and Kurt Warner for that matter didn't get starting gigs until around the same time.

Green and Warner were both anomolies that spend a great deal of time just making a team. But Hass has been starting for five years and only turned 30 this season. That's a bit of a difference. IF you look at the older QBs in the league, Volek has 5 seasons in him if he's really good. That's not all that long for QBs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby onnestabe » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:39 am

maddog60 wrote:
MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Volek's almost 30. I'm not saying he isn't good enough to start somewhere (he is imo), but he's not a young guy with long-term potential.

Green and Warner were both anomolies that spend a great deal of time just making a team. But Hass has been starting for five years and only turned 30 this season. That's a bit of a difference. IF you look at the older QBs in the league, Volek has 5 seasons in him if he's really good. That's not all that long for QBs.

If Volek has five good years in him, that would be very good for any franchise. These days, a good management team can turn a franchise around in two to three years. If you make Volek the first step in that process, you are looking at a two year window down the road where you have Volek and the pieces around him to make some noise....that's not bad.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 am

onnestabe, we need to start a petition to get volek to the saints..

nobody else seems to want him
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:03 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:onnestabe, we need to start a petition to get volek to the saints..

I hope Detroit goes after him myself. IMO he easily represents the best value QB option out there for teams looking to add one either through FA or trade. TEN isnt going to get much more than a 6th rd pick for him (becasue everyone knows TEN will have to cut him if they dont trade him), and considering the pricetags of other QBs being mentioned this yr, thats pretty damn good - a whole lot better than giving up a 1st for Matt Schaub thats for sure.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:35 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:onnestabe, we need to start a petition to get volek to the saints..

I don't know that I want him. To be honest, I am more than a little worried about the Saints, and I don't really have any idea what they should do. Ever since Mueller left, the personnel decisions have been terrible, and while I like the coaching staff they are putting together, there's only so much you can do with a team full of overpaid underachievers. It will be interesting to see if the past lack of achievement was due to Haslett and his staff or if the players just suck in general.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:21 pm

saints have a few major holes..

there is a few very good free agent quarterbacks, or at least free agent quarterbacks that have lots of upside, including mccown, shaub, volek, etc...

thats why i think they should try to get one of those, maybe draft a.j. hawk, and then in the second an offensive tackle (you can still draft a very good tackle in the second because there is so many good ones this year)....i mean how could you argue with that gameplan since there are so many weaknesses..this could fill lots of holes right here
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk