Great Eight match up featuring War #8 seed Genghis Khan vs. #2 Julius Caesar. Can Khan continue his string of upsets? Voting ends Friday at 8pm EST.
* Founder and first ruler of the Mongol Empire
* Conquered nearly all of Asia and parts of Europe, Asia Minor and Africa
* Pioneered military concepts of mobility, psychological warfare,
intelligence, military autonomy, communications, supply routes and tactics
* Personally led forces in many of his campaigns winning dozens of battles
* Single-handedly ended the nearly 400-year reign of the Roman Republic
* Defeated the Gauls resulting in 800 conquered cities, 300 subdued tribes, one million men sold to slavery and another three million dead in battle
* Won the Corona Civica during the siege of Miletus
* Defeated Pompey and his generals in a series of battles, winning the Roman Civil War
* Ruled from Spain and France to the Levant Coast and Turkey
* Perhaps the most feared general in Roman history
* Total list of military conquests too great to cite here. Just look them up.
* Revolutionized mobility in warfare, tactics and troop movements