Great Eight match up featuring Politics #1 seed Thomas Jefferson vs. #3 Benjamin Franklin. Battle of the Americans. Voting ends Friday at 8pm EST.
* Third President of the United States (served two terms)
* Author of the Declaration of Independence
* Author of the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions advocating limits on the Federal Government's abuse of States' rights
* America's first Secretary of State under George Washington
* First to propose separation of Church and State
* Responsible for the Louisiana Purchase which (at the time) more than doubled the size of the U.S.
* Ordered the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1804
* An accomplished Architect, Author, Inventor, Archeologist and primary donor of the Presidential Library
* Currently featured on the Nickel and $2 bill
* One of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America
* Hailed by Historians as "The First American"
* U.S. Ambassador to France during the Revolution - secured French assistance necessary to win the war
* U.S. "Agent" in Britain prior to the Revolution - Defining America to Europeans during nation's infancy
* Published "Poor Richard's Almanack" and the "Pennsylvania Gazette"
* Convinced the British Parliament to repeal the much-hated Stamp Act
* Credited with creating the relationship between France and America
* Invented the Lightning Rod, used on every major building in the world today