One-year Wonder Wins Lottery! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

One-year Wonder Wins Lottery!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Philly Pride wrote:Burgess was great, Eagles management was too stupid to re-sign him...I would've loved to have him back.


What are you talking about? Burgess is great. But when he was with the Eagles, it was astonishing if he was healthy enough to suit up. No way the Eagles should've paid the premium to keep a guy who over 3-4 years didn't even play half the possible games he could just because of 2 tackles on Michael Vick.

That being said, I'm glad he finally managed to stay healthy and do something good for his new team.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:13 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Burgess was great, Eagles management was too stupid to re-sign him...I would've loved to have him back.


What are you talking about? Burgess is great. But when he was with the Eagles, it was astonishing if he was healthy enough to suit up. No way the Eagles should've paid the premium to keep a guy who over 3-4 years didn't even play half the possible games he could just because of 2 tackles on Michael Vick.

That being said, I'm glad he finally managed to stay healthy and do something good for his new team.
To boot, moving into a different scheme/being utilized differently probably made a difference for him too. Was he behind Javon Kearse?
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:50 pm

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Burgess was great, Eagles management was too stupid to re-sign him...I would've loved to have him back.


What are you talking about? Burgess is great. But when he was with the Eagles, it was astonishing if he was healthy enough to suit up. No way the Eagles should've paid the premium to keep a guy who over 3-4 years didn't even play half the possible games he could just because of 2 tackles on Michael Vick.

That being said, I'm glad he finally managed to stay healthy and do something good for his new team.
To boot, moving into a different scheme/being utilized differently probably made a difference for him too. Was he behind Javon Kearse?


No he was in Arizona ;-D
I am really glad we kept him but that contract is a little ludacris knowing the injurys this guy has had. I guess thats why we are in salary cap purgatory.

Still McNair > Akili Smith and LT ;-D
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby MadScott » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Burgess was great, Eagles management was too stupid to re-sign him...I would've loved to have him back.


What are you talking about? Burgess is great. But when he was with the Eagles, it was astonishing if he was healthy enough to suit up. No way the Eagles should've paid the premium to keep a guy who over 3-4 years didn't even play half the possible games he could just because of 2 tackles on Michael Vick.

That being said, I'm glad he finally managed to stay healthy and do something good for his new team.
To boot, moving into a different scheme/being utilized differently probably made a difference for him too. Was he behind Javon Kearse?


No he was in Arizona ;-D
I am really glad we kept him but that contract is a little ludacris knowing the injurys this guy has had. I guess thats why we are in salary cap purgatory.

Still McNair > Akili Smith and LT ;-D
Actually I was referring to Burgess being behind Kearse. ;-D
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:13 pm

MadScott wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:
MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Burgess was great, Eagles management was too stupid to re-sign him...I would've loved to have him back.


What are you talking about? Burgess is great. But when he was with the Eagles, it was astonishing if he was healthy enough to suit up. No way the Eagles should've paid the premium to keep a guy who over 3-4 years didn't even play half the possible games he could just because of 2 tackles on Michael Vick.

That being said, I'm glad he finally managed to stay healthy and do something good for his new team.
To boot, moving into a different scheme/being utilized differently probably made a difference for him too. Was he behind Javon Kearse?


No he was in Arizona ;-D
I am really glad we kept him but that contract is a little ludacris knowing the injurys this guy has had. I guess thats why we are in salary cap purgatory.

Still McNair > Akili Smith and LT ;-D
Actually I was referring to Burgess being behind Kearse. ;-D


I figured that out after I posted but was too lazy to change! ;-D
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:01 am

Yeah, I know he was in ARI... but others have done alright there...

But no matter how bad your situations are... 4 sacks - 4 years? That's bad for NFL Europe...
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby jkpigskin » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:46 pm

Vanden Bosch is all effort, he may not have the all round freakish skill as others but he gives it all

good guy!
Image
jkpigskin
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 53
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:38 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact