Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:03 pm

I also go RB 1st... then whatever. Usually RB in 2nd also. But I draft on the flow. I do have a guideline on how I might like to pursue my draft, but I don't follow them all the time.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:43 am

Like most:
RB in 1st round
then the next 4 rounds, usually 2 RBs and 2 WRs
then a QB
then WR
then fill out rest of my roster.

I am very flexable though as the draft continues, I do not go into a draft with "this is how I am drafting and that is it". If there is a value player there I will take him, if there is a player that I really want and don't think he will get back to me, I will take a gamble. My main rule is RB in first round (and after this past year - no QB before the 4th round ;-D )
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:22 am

Kinda depends on the scoring system, i usually draft like this.

RB
RB
WR
WR
QB
WR
RB
TE
DEF
K
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:54 am

I always make myself a V.B.D. chart and draft accordingly...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 pm

I have done statistical cheatsheets in the past, but I didn't really like the results, so I am going to go with a new method this year....

I plan to get as many studs as possible in the early rounds and then focus on players that I think will do well in the later rounds. I know it sounds obvious, but I think that with the help of the Cafe, I will be able to form an opinion on almost every relevant player, and will just try to make sure I get guys that I feel good about, even if it means reaching in some places.

I felt that the huge computer cheatsheets would lead me to take players I didn't really like all that much just because the sheet said they were "good value", at the same time passing on players that I do like because they were a reach according to the cheatsheet.

As far as actual positions, this is the way I see it going...
If early draft position: RB, WR, RB, RB, WR, QB, WR, QB
If middle or late: Try to get 3 RBs and 2 WRs in the first 5 rounds, focusing on players that (A) have a good chance of being in the top 5-10 in their position, and (B) I don't expect to have another shot at later

I know this is a very vague and wordy way to describe a strategy, but I am starting to realize that the best laid plans fly out the window once that first pick is made, and the ability to adjust your strategy accordingly will only make you that much better.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:15 pm

I dont think its ever a good idea to know what position you are going to take each round before the draft. My only strategy is get quality RBs early and never draft a QB early. Grad them later since you can always get a QB who will get you #s around round 8
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk