Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I thought this was going to be a post on fantasy RB handcuffs. :-b

Me too.

So did I...heh. Really, this type of stuff is becoming non-news. It's almost expected that athletes will be arrested these days. 32 teams, around 50 players makes 1600 people. I don't know what % of the population is in jail, but say it's 3%...you're looking at 48 arrests from NFL players. I suppose that's not too bad. You just hear about all of them due to the media coverage.

I don't agree with this logic. If you looked at the %'s of say the lower class people, 3% may be a low number. But if you look at what % of people who make more than 250 grand per year, I would say it's less than 1%.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:29 am

Lushcrush wrote:
moochman wrote:
Gnu314 wrote:It sounds like hes only guilty of being dumb and minor assault. I'ed expect him to get away with basically nothing.

Yeah, total over-reaction. They had little reason to hold him, they could've just taken his number or a disposition and left him be. I fully expect this charge will be treated like a pass to Jeremy Stevens: it will be dropped.

I agree ... here are the charges:

Carroll, 22, was booked in connection at the Washington County Sheriff's Office in connection with misdemeanor third-degree assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct and refusal to submit to arrest. He was released at 3:27 a.m. Friday on $1,550 bond and is scheduled to appear in Fayetteville District Court at 8 a.m. March 10.
Each of the three misdemeanors is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

He said the wrong thing at the wrong time. The fuzz around here don't take any lip off DB's ... :-b

Don't you think after reading the report that the police did nothing to diffuse the situation? Instead they seemed to puff out their chest and spout the letter of the law rather than the spirit. Then to make any kind of issue over him slapping their hand off him seems silly to me. I would think a good lawyer can get him off should he choose to fight.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk