Pennington: No Pay Cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pennington: No Pay Cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:58 pm

The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:I could see Pennington with the Vikings. The Lions or Ravens would be smart to sign him.

The Lions would be a pretty terrible fit for Pennington because Martz is going to want to throw downfield more and Pennington does not have a very strong arm. He is a better fit on a team that doesn't require their QB to do much else other than manage the game. I think a team like Baltimore, Miami, or Dallas is a better fit for Penny.

While Parcells really likes a QB who manages the game, Dallas fans are pretty tired of getting QB's who are immobile (Bledsoe and Vinny) and don't do much throwing. The Cowboys were great when Bill allowed the offense to open up. Penny's twice repaired shoulder makes him a risk - one I don't think Bill would take a chance on. Most of the Dallas fans I talk to would like Bill to give Tony Romo a chance. Romo is good and mobile and throws a nice ball and the real shame is he hasn't been given a chance to shine.

I could see Penny going to BALT or MIA however.

Completely agree with what you are saying there captain. I have those three in the order of which I think it is most likely he would go if cut by the Jets. Baltimore and Miami being much more likely than Dallas.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:05 pm

mattb47 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:I could see Pennington with the Vikings. The Lions or Ravens would be smart to sign him.

The Lions would be a pretty terrible fit for Pennington because Martz is going to want to throw downfield more and Pennington does not have a very strong arm. He is a better fit on a team that doesn't require their QB to do much else other than manage the game. I think a team like Baltimore, Miami, or Dallas is a better fit for Penny.

While Parcells really likes a QB who manages the game, Dallas fans are pretty tired of getting QB's who are immobile (Bledsoe and Vinny) and don't do much throwing. The Cowboys were great when Bill allowed the offense to open up. Penny's twice repaired shoulder makes him a risk - one I don't think Bill would take a chance on. Most of the Dallas fans I talk to would like Bill to give Tony Romo a chance. Romo is good and mobile and throws a nice ball and the real shame is he hasn't been given a chance to shine.

Completely agree with what you are saying there captain. I have those three in the order of which I think it is most likely he would go if cut by the Jets. Baltimore and Miami being much more likely than Dallas.

Wherever he goes he's gonna have to prove his shoulder can hold up for longer than 4 or 5 games.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:06 pm

The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Wherever he goes he's gonna have to prove his shoulder can hold up for longer than 4 or 5 games.

4-5 snaps
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:13 pm

pennington is doing the jets a favor: he is a very fragile qb, and always will be. he needs a great offensive line to be successful.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

4-5 snaps

No kidding! Which is a real shame b/c after Penny's superb season (2002?) in which he showed great potential he's gone really downhill.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:59 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Noone would be smart to take a chance on Paper Pennington. I've watched every game of his pro career and he's done.

i agree.

Nilmerf, please take back what you said about the Lions. that noodle arm Pennington is done
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Noone would be smart to take a chance on Paper Pennington. I've watched every game of his pro career and he's done.

i agree.

Nilmerf, please take back what you said about the Lions. that noodle arm Pennington is done

I would see the Lions trying to bring in a veteran that could actually compete against Harrington, maybe Aaron Brooks. (I'm not saying Brooks is the solution, not in the slightest, but it certainly gives them more options to solidify that weakness).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 am

Latest news:

Jets | Pennington wants to stay with the team
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:08:10 -0800

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington has apparently instructed agent Tom Condon to do everything in his power to keep him with the Jets. Whether the feeling is mutual will become apparent by the time Condon and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum meet face-to-face this weekend in an attempt to resolve the quarterback's contract. During a lengthy interview session upon arriving in Indianapolis, Tannenbaum said the two sides have had "many conversations" and are "in the middle of active negotiations."
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Football Talk