R. Williams Fails Another Test - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

R. Williams Fails Another Test

Moderator: Football Moderators

R. Williams Fails Another Test

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:57 pm

Report is that he will be suspended for a the season. Feel bad for the guy.

This just in from PFT

POSTED 9:25 p.m. EST, February 19, 2006

WILLIAMS REPORT CONFIRMED

Jason Cole of The Miami Herald confirms that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has failed another drug test.

He faces a suspension of at least one year.

Team spokesman Harvey Greene declined comment.

''Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program,'' Greene told Cole.

Williams stayed clean for all of the 2005 season. Recent reports indicated that the Broncos were interested in trading for him. With his 2006 season in jeopardy, Williams would be 30 if he returns to action in 2007.

Williams is under contract for two more years with the Dolphins, at base salaries of $545,000 and $670,000.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:59 pm

he's done. no more ricky. ever.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:03 pm

I didnt know they did regular tests this early in the offseason.

Anyway this is ridicolous maybe its just a rumor cause PFT isnt always the most reliable. But it most likely is definatly a perfect example of how to ruin your career and waste talent with drugs...even if its just weed.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:04 pm

PFT doesn't worry me so much as the miami herald report
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:09 pm

Ronnie Brown just jumped up a few rounds.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:09 pm

ronnie brown just passed caddy on my rankings
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:11 pm

My team just got significantly better in my dynasty where I have Ronnie Brown.

Miami Herald also reports it...

Dolphins running back Ricky Williams faces at least a one-year suspension from the NFL after testing positive for drug use a fourth time under the league's substance abuse policy.

Two sources confirmed a report by WSVN-TV that Williams had failed the test, although neither would say the substance Williams used. On three previous occasions, Williams had tested positive for using marijuana.

Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment Sunday night.

''Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program,'' Greene said.

Williams returned to the NFL this season after retiring for the 2004 season. He missed the first four games of the season and was fined an additional four weeks of salary from the second and third violations of the substance abuse program.

Those positive tests had occurred in December 2003 and in the 2004 offseason. Williams returned to have a productive season.

Williams has spent much of the offseason in Northern California studying yoga and holistic medicine.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13913976.htm
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:17 pm

Just when I thought we might actually get something for Ricky's stoner @$$.

If Ricky ever puts on a Dolphins uniform again I hope he gets boo'ed out of the stadium, and I hope he has to give up that $8 mil now. Seriously, how friggin hard is it to lay off the stuff for a couple years while you make millions of dollars?? After that he could buy half the pot in the state with his millions. Just ban him from the league already.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby lushmd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:25 pm

Well, I blame the league for this one...you know that you can't test Ricky during the offseason...
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:30 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Just when I thought we might actually get something for Ricky's stoner @$$.

If Ricky ever puts on a Dolphins uniform again I hope he gets boo'ed out of the stadium, and I hope he has to give up that $8 mil now. Seriously, how friggin hard is it to lay off the stuff for a couple years while you make millions of dollars?? After that he could buy half the pot in the state with his millions. Just ban him from the league already.

I agree. I just can't believe that Ricky can't lay off the ganja long enough to make millions while he's young and able to play in the NFL. He could have retired in his 30's with millions and THEN moved to a mountain in India and smoked his brains out.

Hope the ganja was worth it Cheech.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Next

Return to Football Talk