Does Ricky's suspension mean TO to the Broncos is a lock? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does Ricky's suspension mean TO to the Broncos is a lock?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 am

whenever the qb turns it over three or more times, its hard to not point the finger.

bTW, TO is NOT about making the Super Bowl etc. If he was, why start all of that stuff with Philly right after the Super Bowl? It makes no sense. Philly had been making the Championshiopp games all those times, and made the super bowl, and was essentially returning the same team. If he was all about the big game, he would have shut up.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve_L » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:12 am

eaglesrule wrote:whenever the qb turns it over three or more times, its hard to not point the finger.

bTW, TO is NOT about making the Super Bowl etc. If he was, why start all of that stuff with Philly right after the Super Bowl? It makes no sense. Philly had been making the Championshiopp games all those times, and made the super bowl, and was essentially returning the same team. If he was all about the big game, he would have shut up.

But when they wouldn't give him a new contract, he said he would stop begging for a contract and help get them to the Super Bowl. I really don't think he realized how bad his comments really were during the season.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:33 am

eaglesrule wrote:whenever the qb turns it over three or more times, its hard to not point the finger.

I have to take back what I said earlier. I didn't realize that Plummer lost two fumbles on top of his two picks. That's a pretty Daunte Culpepper type day.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:58 am

Steve_L wrote:

But when they wouldn't give him a new contract, he said he would stop begging for a contract and help get them to the Super Bowl. I really don't think he realized how bad his comments really were during the season.

Yes, he clearly did. Its well documented that both TO and his agent made repeated threats to attempt to disrupt the team and cause havoc for the coaches. All that chaos and distress, was quite obviously planned.

And when, exactly did he make this mythical "I'll stop begging," comment? He never stopped, for one moment. You can't honestly say that man cared more about a superbowl than money, because 7 million a year and as good a shot as any at the superbowl wasn't enough for him. You think some team close to the superbowl is going to entice him with a pithy contract on the hopes of getting a superbowl ring? Not a chance.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:23 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:I agree with Vader.
Plummer is a guy who played very well this past season, but always has a game or 2 with 3 or 4 INTS and a loss on Denvers record. This game came in the AFC championship.

I don't think you can put Denver's AFC Champ game loss on Plummer's back like that. I don't think he was the reason that they lost. Plummer had two picks in that game, but they were out-muscled. FWP and Bettis had 15 carries each with Anderson and Bell only getting 9 and 5 carries. When you're getting dominated on the T.O.P. like that (36-24), I think it's pretty tough to put the loss on your QB.

I wasn't neccessarily saying he lost it for them, but he certainly didn't help much!
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby The_Captain » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:36 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
Plummer is a guy who played very well this past season, but always has a game or 2 with 3 or 4 INTS and a loss on Denvers record. This game came in the AFC championship.

I don't think you can put Denver's AFC Champ game loss on Plummer's back like that. I don't think he was the reason that they lost. Plummer had two picks in that game, but they were out-muscled. FWP and Bettis had 15 carries each with Anderson and Bell only getting 9 and 5 carries. When you're getting dominated on the T.O.P. like that (36-24), I think it's pretty tough to put the loss on your QB.

I wasn't neccessarily saying he lost it for them, but he certainly didn't help much!

No, Plummer didn't help his team much with his turnovers, but a lot of credit goes to the Pittsburgh defense. Their blitz packages were forcing Plummer into his mistakes. He wasn't able to scramble and the Steelers did an excellent job collapsing the pocket and giving him nothing to look at.

And really UT, is there a QB who's been absolutely PERFECT? Your comment about Plummer could be attached to ANY QB in the NFL.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:35 pm

VaderFin wrote:TO and Jake Plummer...man would TO quickly hate that guy. }:-)

Disagree. Plummer would be TO's favorite QB by far IMO. He's like Jeff Garthia with an arm, or he's like McNabb without the media attention. Plummer buys time with his feet (like Garthia), he can throw deep (like McNabb), and he's not afraid/unaware when throwing into coverage (like McNabb).

Not to mention Plummer is the ultimate "role player QB". Last time I checked he wasn't the spokesman for Progresso soup. And the lumberjack beard basically makes it impossible for Plummer to ping on TO's gaydar.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mattb47 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:43 pm

I agree Kensat. I definitely think an upside to TO playing with Plummer is that Plummer doesn't have as big of an ego. I think QBs like McNabb, C-Pepp and other "big time" QBs tend to get prideful in a way with the attitude that they don't need that WR to be a great QB and it ends up hurting their team. I think that's why guys like Manning and Brady are so good is because they throw to anyone who is open....Manning gets tunnel vision sometimes but not as much as many QBs.

To be honest, I think that Plummer's numbers could skyrocket because we have never seen what Plummer can do when he has a top WR like TO on his team. Plummer is one of the best QBs in the NFL at buying more time with his feet and TO is not one easily defended for a long time. I would be very scared of this offense if TO went to Denver and I think it is probably the place you will hear the least out of TO complaint wise.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:04 pm

The_Captain wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

No, Plummer didn't help his team much with his turnovers, but a lot of credit goes to the Pittsburgh defense. Their blitz packages were forcing Plummer into his mistakes. He wasn't able to scramble and the Steelers did an excellent job collapsing the pocket and giving him nothing to look at.

And really UT, is there a QB who's been absolutely PERFECT? Your comment about Plummer could be attached to ANY QB in the NFL.

There isn't one who is perfect, nope theres not, but with TO on your team, your going to have to be pretty close to it, if you dont want to get critisized.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby The_Captain » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:53 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

There isn't one who is perfect, nope theres not, but with TO on your team, your going to have to be pretty close to it, if you dont want to get critisized.

Then TO better stop playing football right now.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk