NFL Lockout!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Lockout!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 am

merc wrote:Alright... I am all for replacement players and strippers on the sidelines as cheerleaders... and of course, a game ticket which regular folks like us can afford...

Maybe, a lockout/strike will bring the game back to the people?

They tried that, but nobody liked the XFL :-)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:30 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:i wouldnt be able to bear an nfl without a salary cap. baseball is corrupt because of it; the yankees are rich every year. if that happened, say bye bye to teams from small cities having a chance. this is the majority of nfl teams, so i think they will fight it and win.

Like the Steelers. Pittsburgh is a small market, which is why the Pirates haven't been competive since 91 or 92. The Steelers have one of the best fan bases in football, but after a few years of trying to paying top dollar to keep athletes would start to drain the organization.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:21 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:i wouldnt be able to bear an nfl without a salary cap. baseball is corrupt because of it; the yankees are rich every year. if that happened, say bye bye to teams from small cities having a chance. this is the majority of nfl teams, so i think they will fight it and win.

Like the Steelers. Pittsburgh is a small market, which is why the Pirates haven't been competive since 91 or 92. The Steelers have one of the best fan bases in football, but after a few years of trying to paying top dollar to keep athletes would start to drain the organization.

I think the Pirates have a pretty good fan base too considering they haven't won in 13 years and still get tens of thousands of people to show up to the games. Montreal and Florida couldn't do that. :-)

But as far as the NFL goes...I don't think the Steelers would be in bad shape because there are just a ton of Steelers fans young and old. Of course, the Steelers really haven't known sustained losing since...well, ever. If they do we'll have to see what happens.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wizzle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:29 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
merc wrote:Alright... I am all for replacement players and strippers on the sidelines as cheerleaders... and of course, a game ticket which regular folks like us can afford...

Maybe, a lockout/strike will bring the game back to the people?

They tried that, but nobody liked the XFL :-)

He Hate Me did.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:04 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

I think the Pirates have a pretty good fan base too considering they haven't won in 13 years and still get tens of thousands of people to show up to the games. Montreal and Florida couldn't do that. :-)

But as far as the NFL goes...I don't think the Steelers would be in bad shape because there are just a ton of Steelers fans young and old. Of course, the Steelers really haven't known sustained losing since...well, ever. If they do we'll have to see what happens.

Actually they were a horrid team up until the 70's.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk