** MP3 Players ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

** MP3 Players **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:32 pm

if you wanted to play games and listen to music still should have got PSP. There is really no reason to buy the iRiver
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:if you wanted to play games and listen to music still should have got PSP. There is really no reason to buy the iRiver

PSP is pretty lackluster in music playback quality IMHO.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:if you wanted to play games and listen to music still should have got PSP. There is really no reason to buy the iRiver

I payed $40 less than a PSP and games are free i dont have to pay $30-$40 dollars for each one.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:

I payed $40 less than a PSP and games are free i dont have to pay $30-$40 dollars for each one.

theres a reason they are free beacuse they are worthless
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:17 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:

theres a reason they are free beacuse they are worthless

Haha...your hilarious ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 pm

So with 20 gb and all those games what do you have room left for? 3 songs? :-b

Just kidding.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:10 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So with 20 gb and all those games what do you have room left for? 3 songs? :-b

Just kidding.

I would hope your kidding because i have 12GB not full yet and over 1200 songs at the moment.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slingblade » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:41 pm

I figured i'd dig this sucker up. I'm fixing to go buy a Creative Zen Vision:M.

I was debating between it and the 30GB video ipod, but this seems so much better.

http://www.creative.com/products/produc ... duct=14331

Anyone tried or seen one of these yet?
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Slingblade wrote:I figured i'd dig this sucker up. I'm fixing to go buy a Creative Zen Vision:M.

I was debating between it and the 30GB video ipod, but this seems so much better.

http://www.creative.com/products/produc ... duct=14331

Anyone tried or seen one of these yet?

I have one down from that ... Creative Zen Touch (non-video) 40 GB. I'm pretty happy with it ... no problems thus far.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:21 pm

This makes me wonder if I should wait.

Microsoft prepping iPod killer
By Jim Welte - MP3.com
June 16, 2006 at 04:29:00 PM | more stories by this author
Xbox maker is reportedly preparing to launch its own MP3 player and is already engaged in licensing talks with major labels for its own music-download service to compete with iTunes.

Microsoft is reportedly not only prepping its long-rumored iPod killer, but it's also ready to take a whack at iTunes, too.

iPod in the crosshairs.
The software giant and Xbox maker is preparing to launch its own MP3 player and is also in the midst of licensing talks with the four major record labels for its own music-download service, according to reports in the New York Post and Reuters today.

Calls to Microsoft were not immediately returned.

Citing "multiple sources close to the major record labels" the Post reported that the new player would be a direct challenge to the video-ready iPod, and that the music service is actually better than iTunes. The service would target sales of individual, or a la carte, downloads, and would also offer a subscription option.

"It seems like an exact head-to-head competition with Apple," one source told the paper. "It's really like an Apple approach, to control the device and the whole stack of technology. This is like Xbox versus PlayStation."

Robbie Bach, who previously oversaw Microsoft's Xbox division, has taken the reins of the music project, the report said. Bach was promoted to president of the company's entertainment and devices division after it was restructured in December.

It is not clear how the new music service effects or interacts with MSN Music, the company's current download service and music portal, as well as Urge, the recently launched music-download and subscription service from Microsoft and MTV. It's also unclear when the device would be released and when the service would be launched.

A Microsoft move into running its own major music-download service would mark a shift in strategy from indirectly competing with iTunes through a variety of Windows Media licensees, such as Napster and Yahoo Music Unlimited, to directly taking on the Apple juggernaut.

The report comes amidst increased digital-music-related activity among the Internet's major players, with Amazon reportedly readying its own branded media player and a service that would be integrated into its music-CD sales division and Google also eyeing a jump into the space.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk