Ravens to Franchise Tag J. Lewis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens to Franchise Tag J. Lewis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:46 pm

I think he was given the tag so he's signed so that he can be traded. If the ravens want a shot at C-Pepp, it is necessary they have J. Lewis signed to be tradable
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:49 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:I think he was given the tag so he's signed so that he can be traded. If the ravens want a shot at C-Pepp, it is necessary they have J. Lewis signed to be tradable

These were my thoughts as well because every trade you hear rumored involves Jamal being franchised by the Ravens first. I think now you will start hearing the trade rumors even more so than before.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:I dont think Jamal is worthless, in fact I expected him to find a starting job somewhere. However, I don't think he's worth a franchise tag when if they wanted to pay that kind of salary to a veteran, they could've went after Edge or SA. Especially for a guy who hasn't quite been the same RB ever since his 2000+ yards season.

If you mean the same in a sense that he was in jail and had a serious ankle injury then yes..But his 2000 yard season was only 2 seasons ago..His first was stopped by an ankle injury while his second was coming from an off-season where he was in jail and his ankle was coming back from the injury...Unless the ankle injury or jail time changed him that much, I don't understand your logic.

JLewis had no blocking at all last year..None. If they improve the line, Look for 1500 yards minimum from the guy.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:17 pm

i dont want them to franchise him. i want them to let him go so the steelers can sign him. hes still got plenty of (good) years left.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:23 pm

One bad season and everyone loses faith so quickly. Jamal Lewis is one of the best pure RBs in the NFL, and Chestor Taylor is nowhere near his caliber IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:32 pm

So much for my sneaky Chester Taylor pickup in my dynasty league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Kensat30 wrote:One bad season and everyone loses faith so quickly. Jamal Lewis is one of the best pure RBs in the NFL, and Chestor Taylor is nowhere near his caliber IMO.

thats exactly why i want the steelers to get him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:57 pm

i didn't "lose faith" I still think he is quality. But this conversation really belongs in the context of EDGE and SA etc. This is a quirky decision in some ways due to the finances of the league. If you can pay someone who is 65 percent as good for significantly less money, then spread that money around to other positions, sometimes you have to do it, even if you are taking a loss in skill at that position. Its all about value. And when you have someone like chester taylor who might be 70 percent of Lewis with about 50 percent or more less of a hit on the payroll, you have to explore that option, especially when you have a need at qb, and key defensive players (ray lewis) who want out.

I think lewis is very good, at the same time, the ravens aren't building a fantasy team, they need significant help, as evidenced by the fact they haven't been that good since the super bowl, and their division isn't getting easier, the bengals are on the rise, the steelers just won the super bowl, and the browns have made some moves coaching and otherwise to improve. same ole, same ole ain't gonna cut it IMO.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ChyBoy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:12 pm

I think the combination Culpepper/Taylor is much better than Boller/Lewis. I also think Drew Brees would be a good fit in Bal.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:30 pm

ChyBoy wrote:I think the combination Culpepper/Taylor is much better than Boller/Lewis. I also think Drew Brees would be a good fit in Bal.

Most any combination is better then Boller/Insert player here.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk