Ravens to Franchise Tag J. Lewis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens to Franchise Tag J. Lewis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:35 am

On NFL Network tonight they said that Ozzie Newsome stated he would not franchise Lewis because he did not want to be franchised so he would not force it on him and would let him test the open market.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:40 am

Kensat30 wrote:One bad season and everyone loses faith so quickly. Jamal Lewis is one of the best pure RBs in the NFL, and Chestor Taylor is nowhere near his caliber IMO.

Your correct, but, he is running in a style that he shouldn't be.
He is the most powerful back in the league IMO, he just isn't running like it. Hes running like Reggie Bush, dancing, tip toeing, hes just gotta go to the hole full speed.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:28 am

ChyBoy wrote:I think the combination Culpepper/Taylor is much better than Boller/Lewis. I also think Drew Brees would be a good fit in Bal.

I've gotta agree with you there... The only reason Jamal isn't an 1800 total yard back each and every year is the fact that he doesn't have a QB to keep defenses honest....

Looks as if the Ravens may have a shot at the following guys in the off-season:

John Kitna
Brian Griese
Daunte Culpepper
Kerry Collins
Drew Brees

Any of these guys would instantly turn Jamal into a 1500-yard-rushing, 300-yard-receiving, 12-total-TD back...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
ChyBoy wrote:I think the combination Culpepper/Taylor is much better than Boller/Lewis. I also think Drew Brees would be a good fit in Bal.

John Kitna
Brian Griese
Daunte Culpepper
Kerry Collins
Drew Brees

Why is Aaron Brooks never on anyone's available QB lists? I know some people don't like him but he's been a perennial top 10 QB (except for last year) despite all the pessimism. And I know that fantasy stats don't mean success in the NFL, but at the very least he does have a ton of potential.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby logan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am

well for one he is still under contract with NO. secondly there is no 100 percent guarantee he will not be starting next year as the last thing i read was that they were still debating what his role would be. we think they will take a QB and it's likely but it is not guaranteed. they would probably be wise to hang onto him as if they do draft a QB and that QB fails or gets injured they would atleast have a half decent QB to throw in there. i doubt kitna goes anywhere, griese is a FA ,collins is looking like he will get released, brees may end up a FA and will be one come march 1st and cpepp has been on the block for about the last week.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:49 am

he is a top 10 fantasy qb, but brooks is in no way shape or form a top 10 NFL qb.

And fantasy wise, he would be great for roto. He always seems to burn me, although that is just my perception. His season stats look good, but is inconsistant.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:11 am

MrTwo94 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

John Kitna
Brian Griese
Daunte Culpepper
Kerry Collins
Drew Brees

Why is Aaron Brooks never on anyone's available QB lists? I know some people don't like him but he's been a perennial top 10 QB (except for last year) despite all the pessimism. And I know that fantasy stats don't mean success in the NFL, but at the very least he does have a ton of potential.

Honestly, I forgot about Brooks... Oh, and I wouldn't bet the farm that New Orleans cuts him when they draft Leinart... There is every possibility they will want some bust insurance, and I'm not so sure Adrian McPherson provides that...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:49 pm

stomperrob wrote:On NFL Network tonight they said that Ozzie Newsome stated he would not franchise Lewis because he did not want to be franchised so he would not force it on him and would let him test the open market.

I think Lewis may end up in Carolina. He is perfect for their style of offense.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:53 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:Why is Aaron Brooks never on anyone's available QB lists?

Becasue he sucks?

as for Lewis...it seems there are two camps in Fantasy, those who hang onto his 2000 yard season and want him on their fantasy team, and then smart people.

he just doesnt have the upside for where he is picked to outweigh his downside
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:52 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
MrTwo94 wrote:Why is Aaron Brooks never on anyone's available QB lists?

Becasue he sucks?

as for Lewis...it seems there are two camps in Fantasy, those who hang onto his 2000 yard season and want him on their fantasy team, and then smart people.

he just doesnt have the upside for where he is picked to outweigh his downside

In Baltimore, with Kyle Boller at the helm, I wouldn't draft Lewis before the 3rd round...

In Baltimore, with a decent QB, Lewis is a mid-2nd rounder....

On a team that has a proven passing game, Lewis is easily a top 10 pick...

In Indianapolis, Jamal is a top-5 pick any day of the week....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk