Shell to dump Collins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shell to dump Collins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:49 pm

I just cant see Oakland going for Brees of C-Pepp because they are 30 million over the cap. They can't possibly afford it. They've got to look for a QB on the cheap.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:I just cant see Oakland going for Brees of C-Pepp because they are 30 million over the cap. They can't possibly afford it. They've got to look for a QB on the cheap.

Given the inanity of this organization, it seems more reasonable to me that they'd sign Antwan Randle El as a QB than Drew Brees.

Al Davis' Brain wrote:Did you see that TD pass in the Superbowl?

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:25 pm

Eh...doesn't matter who they bring in, they're still going to suck until they fix their D and get their o-line playing to potential. Collins is just a fallguy here.

Edit: Oh yeah...and they need to fix that 30 million cap problem too. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:27 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Eh...doesn't matter who they bring in, they're still going to suck until they fix their D and get their o-line playing to potential. Collins is just a fallguy here.

So true, Collins is no QB genius, but he's a decent starter given the mediocrity of the position currently. He'll find a job somewhere else, but between that cap and the defense, Peyton Manning couldn't lead this team to the playoffs. I would not be surprised if that defense gets worse before it gets better, because if I had to start releasing players to make cap room, guys like Warren Sapp would be at the top of that list, and even if the team is overpaying a guy like Moss, they're getting closer to their money's worth.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby merc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Peyton Manning couldn't lead this team to the playoffs.
Err... outside his system and team, he couldn't lead any team to the playoffs... as his playoff type opponent performance has shown. ;-)
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:I can't imagine someone under 30 starting, much less QBing for the Raiders. ;-7

However, in all seriousness, I think they'll take a run at bringing in Aaron Brooks, but someone will probably have the coffers to pay him more, so they'll probably have to settle for Josh McCown. Maybe Patrick Ramsey.

Brooks would be perfect for Oakland...and i dont really mean that in a good way
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wizzle » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:48 pm

maddog60 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Eh...doesn't matter who they bring in, they're still going to suck until they fix their D and get their o-line playing to potential. Collins is just a fallguy here.

So true, Collins is no QB genius, but he's a decent starter given the mediocrity of the position currently. He'll find a job somewhere else, but between that cap and the defense, Peyton Manning couldn't lead this team to the playoffs. I would not be surprised if that defense gets worse before it gets better, because if I had to start releasing players to make cap room, guys like Warren Sapp would be at the top of that list, and even if the team is overpaying a guy like Moss, they're getting closer to their money's worth.

Sapp was a dumb pickup to begin with. Davis is a genius (irony?) when it comes to making dumb pickups.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:13 pm

Drew Bledsoe to Oakland?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:02 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Drew Bledsoe to Oakland?

Who does Dallas pickup then? I could see them drafting a 2nd or 3rd round QB, but they wouldnt likely start a rookie.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:02 pm

I don't think the Cowboys would be happy to toss away the best QB they've had in the last five years.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk