Curtis Martin restructures his contract with the Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtis Martin restructures his contract with the Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:13 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:I was reading that Martin will have to compete for the starting job next year with Houston and Blaylock.

Does he beat those guys out or is this a RBBC coming to NYJ?

Blaylock ---> KC product.
Houston ---> Not ready to start now, if ever.

I'd worry more about Addai or Williams if I were Curtis. But at absolute worst, Curtis gives up 10 more carries. He'll still get 20 a game.

Just retire...I have Blaylock and Houston in a dynasty league :-D

Cmon #1cowgirlsfan*joke only* what are they teaching you at SDSU? Houston may not be completely ready now. But surely in a year or two he can own that starter position.

He played well at the end of the season.

Albeit he avged mid 3's per carry. He did play against the bills-miami-raiders-new england last 4 games of the season. Good-decent outings considering the opponents and inexperience.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:18 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:I was reading that Martin will have to compete for the starting job next year with Houston and Blaylock.

I'd worry more about Addai or Williams if I were Curtis. But at absolute worst, Curtis gives up 10 more carries. He'll still get 20 a game.

Cmon #1cowgirlsfan*joke only* what are they teaching you at SDSU? Houston may not be completely ready now. But surely in a year or two he can own that starter position.

Albeit he avged mid 3's per carry. He did play against the bills-miami-raiders-new england last 4 games of the season. Good-decent outings considering the opponents and inexperience.

Hey, I had both in a dynasty too (I've since dropped both).

And I do think Houston might one day start, but he was a 7th round pick. That's why I have my doubts.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:26 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

And I do think Houston might one day start, but he was a 7th round pick. That's why I have my doubts.

That was a quick response...We are among the few "Best-Coasters" in the Cafe. Some So-Cal love. ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:30 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

That was a quick response...We are among the few "Best-Coasters" in the Cafe. Some So-Cal love. ;-D

Call it good timing.. I've actually been watching comedy central the last 3 hours... :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:49 pm

Curtis will still probably get the bulk of the carries this year. He was pretty banged up last year and so was there O-line.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk