what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:52 am

Some group called Nations By The River. Never heard of them before but I'm kind of digging it right now.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:38 pm

moonhead wrote:Image

listened to the first track of the new metallica album last night. everyone is ranting and raving about how good it is. i didn't dig the first track. PM me if you want the whole thing in advance. i may be able to point you in the proper direction.

I didn't really care that Metallica rolled out with a new album. I was expecting a debacle like St. Anger, how it was supposed to be somewhat of a reboot of the glory days. I've only listened to one song from them and thought it was alright. Better than St. Anger, much better than Load/Reload, and actually had a few touches of the classics, namely ...And Justice For All but I'd probably pass. Metal isn't quite what it used to be anyway, although some of the classic Thrash bands do produce some solid stuff even today.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:11 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
moonhead wrote:Image

listened to the first track of the new metallica album last night. everyone is ranting and raving about how good it is. i didn't dig the first track. PM me if you want the whole thing in advance. i may be able to point you in the proper direction.

I didn't really care that Metallica rolled out with a new album. I was expecting a debacle like St. Anger, how it was supposed to be somewhat of a reboot of the glory days. I've only listened to one song from them and thought it was alright. Better than St. Anger, much better than Load/Reload, and actually had a few touches of the classics, namely ...And Justice For All but I'd probably pass. Metal isn't quite what it used to be anyway, although some of the classic Thrash bands do produce some solid stuff even today.

Metallica stopped being good after And Justice for All. Yes they have occasionally put out a decent track now and then but I don't like their sound any more. When I think Metallica I think Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. Ride the Lightning is just a sick album, definitely the best.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:31 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
moonhead wrote:hmm. i thought kenny wayne shepherd was on the first g3 tour. guess i don't know jack!

You do know jack...KWS played the 1st few shows of the tour:

1996 marked the beginning of G3 - this first year featured Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson (plus Kenny Wayne Shepherd for the first few shows) and toured North America.

;-D

http://www.satriani.com/G3/1996.html

Did you see this moon? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:37 pm

I've got Pulse by Pink Floyd in right now, in memory of Richard Wright.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:44 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
moonhead wrote:hmm. i thought kenny wayne shepherd was on the first g3 tour. guess i don't know jack!

You do know jack...KWS played the 1st few shows of the tour:

1996 marked the beginning of G3 - this first year featured Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson (plus Kenny Wayne Shepherd for the first few shows) and toured North America.

;-D

http://www.satriani.com/G3/1996.html

Did you see this moon? :-?

yes.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 am

Going old school today. Back to the days when I used to have fun :-b

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Came across this in the store a couple weeks ago - finally got around to listening to it on a road trip this past weekend. His final CD...

I know some people here think he was not the same in his twilight years, but I never grow tired of listening to him. R.I.P. George.

;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:00 am

Thought this needed a bump.

This is some of the greatest hip hop I've ever heard (my musical tastes are always expanding B-) )

Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:34 pm

I wanted to listen to Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by the Pumpkins yesterday, and I looked all over my house, but I couldn't find it. I think I lost it. :,-( :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk