what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Nilmerf wrote:DJF: And Duane Allman is my hero, so November 20th is a good day!

moonhead: I trust you are familiar with "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" from the Fillmore Concerts? Half as long and twice as good as "Mountain Jam" (which takes nothing away from the latter, but the former is really that great).

I can't find the sheet music for the live Elizabeth Reed anywhere, so I've taken to learning the studio version. I've learned the main part of the song, plus the outro, plus half of Dickey's solo. Duane's solo is probably too bananas for me.

familiar with it. i lost my copy of that, but i downloaded it again. but it's in an obscure format, so I have to get a codec or a convertor. but i'll take care of all that tonight. now if i can just stop listening to the who for an hour.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
Yeah that' true, but Nas with words can win the battles. He's got some tight rhymes.

Shook One Part II-Mobb Deep ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 pm

Tiki wrote:

Yeah that' true, but Nas with words can win the battles. He's got some tight rhymes.

Classic, possibly the best beat ever made (maybe Come Clean by Jeru, Primo works wonders). I went to see Common on Wednesday and before the show they had a DJ. When he threw on Shook Ones Pt. II everyone went absolutely crazy. When he cut the music, everyone was rapping along and it came across crystal clear.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Tiki wrote:

Classic, possibly the best beat ever made (maybe Come Clean by Jeru, Primo works wonders). I went to see Common on Wednesday and before the show they had a DJ. When he threw on Shook Ones Pt. II everyone went absolutely crazy. When he cut the music, everyone was rapping along and it came across crystal clear.
Hell yeah! I went and Saw Brother Ali and Heiruspecs on Friday, amazing! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:09 pm

Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:14 pm

VaderFin wrote:Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b
I highly Doubt it! ;-D Just some underground Rap, but Shook Ones Part II by Mobb Deep was a big song.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:37 pm

"Shook Ones II" is a great beat, but my favourite was definitely Primo's "N.Y. State of Mind" he did for Nas. Also, "Paid in Full" by Eric B. was the most influential beat in rap, everybody and their uncle copied it.

Now I feel dirty talking about rap!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Nilmerf wrote:"Shook Ones II" is a great beat, but my favourite was definitely Primo's "N.Y. State of Mind" he did for Nas. Also, "Paid in Full" by Eric B. was the most influential beat in rap, everybody and their uncle copied it.

Now I feel dirty talking about rap!

we are no longer on speaking terms. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:09 am

VaderFin wrote:Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b

Definitely not. I'm with ya. :-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk