what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:18 pm

Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Nilmerf wrote:DJF: And Duane Allman is my hero, so November 20th is a good day!

moonhead: I trust you are familiar with "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" from the Fillmore Concerts? Half as long and twice as good as "Mountain Jam" (which takes nothing away from the latter, but the former is really that great).

I can't find the sheet music for the live Elizabeth Reed anywhere, so I've taken to learning the studio version. I've learned the main part of the song, plus the outro, plus half of Dickey's solo. Duane's solo is probably too bananas for me.


familiar with it. i lost my copy of that, but i downloaded it again. but it's in an obscure format, so I have to get a codec or a convertor. but i'll take care of all that tonight. now if i can just stop listening to the who for an hour.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
Yeah that' true, but Nas with words can win the battles. He's got some tight rhymes.

Shook One Part II-Mobb Deep ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Postby CC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 pm

Tiki wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
Yeah that' true, but Nas with words can win the battles. He's got some tight rhymes.

Shook One Part II-Mobb Deep ;-D


Classic, possibly the best beat ever made (maybe Come Clean by Jeru, Primo works wonders). I went to see Common on Wednesday and before the show they had a DJ. When he threw on Shook Ones Pt. II everyone went absolutely crazy. When he cut the music, everyone was rapping along and it came across crystal clear.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Tiki wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Verbal Graffiti - Cormega

I don't expect a fake n*gga to feel this, look in my eyes stare at the Realness.

If Nas never started hating on Mega to being with, he would be one of the stars of the rap game. He still is, he just doesn't get the props he deserves.
Yeah that' true, but Nas with words can win the battles. He's got some tight rhymes.

Shook One Part II-Mobb Deep ;-D


Classic, possibly the best beat ever made (maybe Come Clean by Jeru, Primo works wonders). I went to see Common on Wednesday and before the show they had a DJ. When he threw on Shook Ones Pt. II everyone went absolutely crazy. When he cut the music, everyone was rapping along and it came across crystal clear.
Hell yeah! I went and Saw Brother Ali and Heiruspecs on Friday, amazing! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Postby VaderFin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:09 pm

Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:14 pm

VaderFin wrote:Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b
I highly Doubt it! ;-D Just some underground Rap, but Shook Ones Part II by Mobb Deep was a big song.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:37 pm

"Shook Ones II" is a great beat, but my favourite was definitely Primo's "N.Y. State of Mind" he did for Nas. Also, "Paid in Full" by Eric B. was the most influential beat in rap, everybody and their uncle copied it.

Now I feel dirty talking about rap!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Nilmerf wrote:"Shook Ones II" is a great beat, but my favourite was definitely Primo's "N.Y. State of Mind" he did for Nas. Also, "Paid in Full" by Eric B. was the most influential beat in rap, everybody and their uncle copied it.

Now I feel dirty talking about rap!


we are no longer on speaking terms. :-D
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:09 am

VaderFin wrote:Am I the only one who has no clue who CC and Tiki are talking about? :-b


Definitely not. I'm with ya. :-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:21 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact