what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby CineMamet » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Anyone heard of "Passion Pit?" They may grow big soon. They're electropop with that MGMT sound.

Singer is a bit annoying, does that squirrel like screech falsetto but the main two tracks aren't that bad. Rest of the album is not great, with some tracks just sucking big time. Check out two cool videos (esp. the Reeling)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp1Dk7nzs7M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zherMkcXdo
CineMamet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm

For some reason I've been on a huge kick of two bands/artists recently. The first would be Matisyahu, it's just awesome. And the second is Queen, and I don't know why - just cool.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm

A friend made me a cd with a bunch of stuff that she recommends and one song has really stuck out as being awesome and that's Swing Life Away by Rise Against. Very chill music, I like it a lot.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:A friend made me a cd with a bunch of stuff that she recommends and one song has really stuck out as being awesome and that's Swing Life Away by Rise Against. Very chill music, I like it a lot.

I love Rise Against. I love the singers voice, very raspy. That is a pretty chill song for them though. Most of their stuff is like a heavy mainstream punk band, a little on the screaming side every now and then. Really good stuff though, Swing Life Away is on Siren Songs of the Counter Culture which is probably my favorite CD of theirs.

Thanks for posting this, I havent listened to that CD in over a year, time to revisit.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:19 pm

the doors and the stones tonights. started off with Godsmack and RATM and ended up on a higher plane.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:45 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:A friend made me a cd with a bunch of stuff that she recommends and one song has really stuck out as being awesome and that's Swing Life Away by Rise Against. Very chill music, I like it a lot.

Rise Against (minus the political agenda) is an amazing band. Love their music. Not a big fan of Swing Life Away, I hate that they tried to be something they weren't and in my opinion it didn't work too well. The new album is awesome, they played quite a few songs from it when I saw them a few months ago, really high energy stuff. Just about dislocated my shoulder in the pit when they played Savior - I swear the guy looked like a linebacker. :-b They toured with Rancid though, and frankly... Rancid > Rise Against. ;-D

Edit: you guys should all check out Billy Talent, they're crazy, they're awesome, and they're Canadian. Most intense show I've ever been to. Good stuff. They toured with this band AM Taxi that was pretty good too I guess, low income type bands... like they don't have a bus they have a van. :-B

Edit again: Click
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Comedian/singer/songwriter Tim Wilson 'Booty Man'

http://new.music.yahoo.com/tim-wilson/tracks/booty-man--7394741

I want to get one of those hats with iPod speakers so I can have this playing everywhere I go, like a theme song.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Robert Randolph and the Family Band lately. They're kind of a mix between funk and soul with energy through the roof. I caught them at a festival this summer and was blown away by their performance, definitely one of the better shows I've ever seen. Robert is an incredible steel pedal guitarist(#97 on Rolling Stone's 100 Best Guitarists) and his band is just as good, even trading instruments during the middle of some shows. First clip is them on Letterman and the second is of a live cover of "Billie Jean".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zpzEIdoPc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK561tuW ... re=related
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:57 pm

I've been finally catching up musically since coming to college (and by that, I mean that I now have Led Zeppelin and The Beatles on my iPod :-B ), but I've been listening nonstop to Pinkerton by Weezer since downloading it at Christmas. It may be my all-time favorite album now. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Now I'm going among Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, and Revolver. Can't believe it took me 19 years to start listening to The Beatles.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk