what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 pm

ljthockey wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Although today i heard a song titled "im in love wit a stripper" :-b

that song makes me crazy :-[ :*)

It just goes to show you anything will sell and rap is a talentless wonderland.

Hey man before you listen to all different genre's of rap like alternative hip hop I wouldnt speak on that because there is a lot of intelligent dudes that rock the mic. Unfortunatly I agree nearly every "hip hop" on mainstream media is just crap over beats.

yeah that came out a bit wrong. Im sure there are talented rappers, its more of a generation thing that i will never get over.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:51 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Although today i heard a song titled "im in love wit a stripper" :-b

Ranks right up there with "Laffy Taffy" and "My Humps" as some of the worst songs to come out of the past year. :-P

LOL....i do hate that laffy taffy song...but i have to admit....i do like my humps...my lovely lady lumps, in the back and in the front..... check it ouuuut :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:55 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

Ranks right up there with "Laffy Taffy" and "My Humps" as some of the worst songs to come out of the past year. :-P

LOL....i do hate that laffy taffy song...but i have to admit....i do like my humps...my lovely lady lumps, in the back and in the front..... check it ouuuut :-b

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk
All that junk inside that trunk.. :-b

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:58 am

mutantseabass wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:

It just goes to show you anything will sell and rap is a talentless wonderland.

The days are gone where the talented and skilled rappers are the popular rappers, now it is a bunch of idiots like Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Young Jeezey etc. are making all the "hits" and while the overall calibre of rap has declined there is still good rap out there.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:25 pm

i hate rap, i mean, ic ould come up with those lyrics, but im not stupid enough.....i mean come on on, in that laffy taffy saong, the whole song he just just kinda mumbles"shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy girl, shake that laffy taffy,etc." over and over and over, grrr!!!!!
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:i hate rap, i mean, ic ould come up with those lyrics, but im not stupid enough.....i mean come on on, in that laffy taffy saong, the whole song he just just kinda mumbles"shake that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy girl, shake that laffy taffy,etc." over and over and over, grrr!!!!!

Listen to some Sage Francis, Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique or hundreds of other rappers that don't play on MTV constantly and tell me you could be that politically relevant or craft metaphors even 1/100th as good as those guys. You couldn't.

To classify rap as the crap you see on TV and hear on the radio is just ignorant.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Definatly agree with Cheeshead here alot of people are bashing rap just judging on the stupid stuff the media feeds them you have to realize there are tons of stuff out there you havent heard and to classify a whole genre over a few incredibly stupid "hit" songs on the radio is indeed ignorant.

Besides Sage and others (i'm not a Kweli fan at all but he has talent) if your actually going to look into lyrical complexity look up virtually any Aeosp Rock song and tell me those lyrics are "laffy taffy" like.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:53 pm

The "best drummer" thread going on the darkside made me want to pull out this old record. Terry Bozzio = Drumming God
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:45 pm

ljthockey wrote:look up virtually any Aeosp Rock song

Aesop Rock and Sage Francis are what's called 'nerd rap'. The lyrics are intelligent, but their voices are really horrible and the beats are pretty bad too. The best is to find something in the middle of nerd rap and crap rap like The Roots.

In any case, I can't be concerned with that entire genre anymore. Currently listening to "Hush" by Deep Purple. Now that's classic!

Na-na-na-nuh Nuh-na-nah Na-nuh-naaaaaaaaaaah!
Hush. Hush.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:53 pm

Nilmerf wrote:
ljthockey wrote:look up virtually any Aeosp Rock song

Aesop Rock and Sage Francis are what's called 'nerd rap'. The lyrics are intelligent, but their voices are really horrible and the beats are pretty bad too. The best is to find something in the middle of nerd rap and crap rap like The Roots.

In any case, I can't be concerned with that entire genre anymore. Currently listening to "Hush" by Deep Purple. Now that's classic!

Na-na-na-nuh Nuh-na-nah Na-nuh-naaaaaaaaaaah!
Hush. Hush.

Yeah I was just argueing the point that not all lyrics consist of "my humps my lovely lady humps" that there is intelligent rap out there.

Anyways a side point I saw an interview with El-p and he was saying how Ace Rock smokes 4 packs a day 8-o Most likely an exageration but I remember Aesop saying it made his "voice sound dope". Probally why is voice is so raspy and the whole sound thing is an opinon I like Sage's sound although Aesop can get really annoying.

Anyways currently listening to No Cigar - Millencolin.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk