what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Image
As much as I loathe the recent incarnation of Ozzy, I still love going back to his better days when he actually rocked this world. No More Tears is one of his finest efforts and stands up quite well. From front to finish, I think it's his most polished and complete album to date, though some of his earlier recordings certainly measure up well.

i thought this was regarded as one of the worst ozzy offerings ever? i owned it as like a 13 year old, and was chastised by my older friends as it was.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:01 am

moonhead wrote:
As much as I loathe the recent incarnation of Ozzy, I still love going back to his better days when he actually rocked this world. No More Tears is one of his finest efforts and stands up quite well. From front to finish, I think it's his most polished and complete album to date, though some of his earlier recordings certainly measure up well.

i thought this was regarded as one of the worst ozzy offerings ever? i owned it as like a 13 year old, and was chastised by my older friends as it was.

What do you expect from a Duran Duran fan? ;-7 ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:06 am

moonhead wrote:

You must be joking. It's his best selling album as a solo artist. It produced more hit singles and more radio play than any of his previous efforts. Now some may bash it because it was more radio friendly, but I see very little reason why anyone would seriously consider bashing it. "No More Tears", "Mama, I'm Coming Home", "Mr. Tinkertrain", "Road To Nowhere" and "Time After Time" are all staples for rock stations across the board.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:10 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:You must be joking. It's his best selling album as a solo artist. It produced more hit singles and more radio play than any of his previous efforts. Now some may bash it because it was more radio friendly, but I see very little reason why anyone would seriously consider bashing it. "No More Tears", "Mama, I'm Coming Home", "Mr. Tinkertrain", "Road To Nowhere" and "Time After Time" are all staples for rock stations across the board.

Maybe his fans thought he sold out with this album and the record sales were from sheep guided by pop radio.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:14 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
moonhead wrote:

You must be joking. It's his best selling album as a solo artist. It produced more hit singles and more radio play than any of his previous efforts. Now some may bash it because it was more radio friendly, but I see very little reason why anyone would seriously consider bashing it. "No More Tears", "Mama, I'm Coming Home", "Mr. Tinkertrain", "Road To Nowhere" and "Time After Time" are all staples for rock stations across the board.

It's just different tastes for different fans. Look at Metallica. The Black album was their biggest selling album ever. That's because they became more radio friendly. The old fans still bought the album just because it was Metallica. Their softer style gained them a lot of new fans. Every single album after the Black album has sold less albums than the one before it. That's because with each radio friendly release after that they lost more and more old fans. I was a huge Metallica fan since their beginning. I never bought another album after the Black album. The old school Ozzy fans might feel that "No More Tears" was a weak album. It sold the most albums because the softer more radio friendly songs gained them a lot of fans.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby moonhead » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:44 am

both of these last two posts pretty much say anyting i could have said. and probably said it better than i would have said it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Well it's sort of funny, but at the moment this is what my ear's have been listening to lately:

LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:50 pm

One of my all time favorites groups:

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:49 pm

VaderFin wrote:One of my all time favorites groups:

Swiper made me a copy of that CD awhile back. Great album and one of more underrated bands of the New Wave era. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:38 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
VaderFin wrote:One of my all time favorites groups:

Swiper made me a copy of that CD awhile back. Great album and one of more underrated bands of the New Wave era. ;-D

I'm gonna need to contact Swiper and get a copy myself. I agree Triple D, the Human League was a very underrated band during the New Wave era.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk