what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:57 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Image

Very nice DDD.. Seen him like 4 times in concert and have pretty much everything he's done. Huey's great. ;-D There's actually a greatest hits compilation of his that's an import that's better than this one though.

Does it look like this?

If so, I have a copy. If not, I'm curious to know which one you're talking about. Funny story about Huey Lewis, before I married my wife I was dating a girl who's Godfather is the drummer for Huey Lewis and the News. I think his name is Bill Gibson. In any case, she recieved front row tickets from him for a show she and I attended several years back at the Saratoga Mountain Winery. Honest to God, Huey and the News put on one of the most memorable shows I've ever been to. They played a very intimate venue and about four or five of the songs were sung acapella. A tremendous show. I met the band backstage and I will say they are very appreciative of their fans. Huey signed his Sports album cover for me, something currently framed and hanging in my study. ;-D It's pretty much the only time I've really ever met a celebrity who wasn't a sports star and I'll never forget how generous he and the News were.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:53 am

That one was it DDD. I had that one first before the Time Flies one came out, and Time Flies just has a song or two that wasn't on that, and the import has a lot more on it. Just always stuck with me as one of my favorite cds.

As for that Huey concert, that is awesome. I would be quite envious of the Sports album signed. That's sweet. ;-D

I think that is the drummer's name too. It certainly rings a bell.

Best seats we had for Huey were 7th row kind of on the side of the stage. In reality it was the 2nd row, as the seats started at row 6 for some reason. So we were really up close. It was just after they released Plan B. So not in their prime, but still a great show. Also a good album too. Some of those songs sound like he did those years ago.

The acapello parts are great. Bad is Bad, and a couple other ones are amazing to listen to, let alone live.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:39 am

John Frusciante's To Record Only Water For Ten Days.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:36 am

Another one of my favorite CDs ever. I will never get sick of listening to this! ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:52 am

mutantseabass wrote:Another one of my favorite CDs ever. I will never get sick of listening to this! ;-D

Funny thing, I am listening to that right now ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:51 pm

logan wrote:Image

I was about to make mention of this and Godsmack's new album. You guys are already listening to it huh? That's funny, because Godsmack's IV doesn't come out until april 25, and tool's new one doesn't hit shelves til may 2nd.

CHEATERS! :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:31 pm

As usualy the Beatles

Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:20 pm

Fish Scale-GhostFace Killah
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Tiki wrote:Fish Scale-GhostFace Killah

I'm not a fan of Wu Tang at all but I bought this album for 7 bucks or whatever it was at Best buy (incredibly cheap) and I have to say I was pretty disapointed. He has a few tracks on there that are alrgiht (The Champ, Whip you with a Strap) but all in all I thought it was pretty weak and to many stupid skits for my liking. Did you really like this album?

Currently Listenting to - Rubber Traits by Why
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:23 am

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk