Best live show I could've imagined. They were absolutely on point, so live and amped and the solos (about 7 or 8 minutes each) were unbelievable. Plus at the end of the show they did about 12 covers everything from Black Betty to Yung Joc.
Insane, I would've paid triple to see this show.
Did they do a lot of their old stuff or newer stuff? Or was it a good mix of the new and old? And I just looked at their tour schedule and they tour with Talib Kweli lot, but not in Canada. Don't think Ill make it to one of their shows, but that's awesome you went.
I am listening to Dan The Automator-A much Better Tomorrow So far it's decent.
It was a good mix of both. I am a pretty big Roots fan and I have Illadelph Halflife, Do You Want More?!!??, and Phrenology but I still didn't recognize a lot of the songs which I am sure could be off of their upcoming CD Game Theory. They did most of their classics ("The Seed", "You Got Me", "Proceed", "What They Do") and obviously "Don't Feel Right" but they changed up the beat on a lot of them. It is literally impossible to explain how amazing the solos were especially Douglas and Kamal on guitar and keyboard.
When they covered Award Tour I almost lost my shit, that is one of my favorite songs ever. They also did the new Ghostface (name slips my mind), It's Going Down, Why You Wanna, I Get Around, One More Chance, 2 Ray Charles Songs, Jungle Boogie, Black Betty and a few others.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
Had Metallica not gone the "alternative" rout with Load and Reload, they may have sounded something like this - minus the growling vocals. This is one of the best I've found in the new metal scene. I saw these guys at Ozzfest last year and they put on a really good show. Shadows Fall has released two albums since, but "The Art of Balance" is the best. If nothing else, check out the last song - a killer version of Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine."
But before I left for Milwaukee I found two bomb MF Doom MF Grimm songs. Money on my brain it's got the Herbie Hancock song Chameleon and they rap over it, just like the bass guitar Very good song. And What a Niggy know very good.
I am listening to a playlist I made the other day
1. In my hood-50 Cent
2. Say Sshh-Atmosphere (Dunno if that's the name it's the hidden track)
3. 8 iz Enuff-Big L
4. Make you feel that way-Blackalicious
5. Those were the Daze-Trick Daddy
6. Weed Song- Bone Thug N Harmony
8. Protect Ya Neck-Wu-Tang Clan
9. Doper Skill-Viktor Vaughn ft Kool Keith
10. Plug Tunin'-De La Soul
12. Crosshairs- DangerDoom
13. F wit Dre Day (And everybody's celebratin')-Dr.Dre
15. Where I'm from-The Game ft. Nate Dogg
16. Lean wit it rock wit it-Dem Franchize Boyz ft. Peanut and Charlay
17. G'd up- G-Unit
18. B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions before leaving Earth)-Gza
21. Murs iz my Manager-Mr. Lif
22. Brand New- Rhymefest ft. Kanye West
23. Playas Anthem-Junior M.A.F.I.A.
24. Drive Slow Remix-Kanye West T.I. and a few others
25. Impressions-King Gheedorah (AKA MF Doom
26. King of New York- MF Grimm
27. Lupe the Killer-Lupe Fiasco
29. Meat Grinder-Madvillain