what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:20 pm

I'm currently listening to Army of Hardcore by Neophyte. I'm surprised I'm listening to Dutch gabber music but just for a change of pace.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:Got hooked on this band this past summer...

Good new band. And Christian. ;-D

Is that just trivia or does it matter that your musicians are Christian?
Just curious.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 pm

I've been rocking a lot of older punk lately, Agent Orange, Dead Kennedys, Fugazi.

Old age has softened me I think. ;-D
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:49 am

Yanni
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:52 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:Got hooked on this band this past summer...

Good new band. And Christian. ;-D

Is that just trivia or does it matter that your musicians are Christian?
Just curious.

Would it matter if I liked Nickelback and mentioned that they were Canadian? The band and their message is Christian. I like that. One of the reasons I like this band.

Oh, but Nickelback sucks. Really. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:24 am

Nickelback is the worst thing to come out of Canada since Martin Short. I'd rather listen to Anne Murray.

As for Red - I checked out Breathe Into Me. How do you know that their message is Christian? I couldn't understand a word the guy said. 8-o Nice enough sound I guess but he could have been saying Rock Me Asmodeus for all I knew :-S

I've got nothing against Christian Rock it's just that I've never understood it. Sex, drugs and .... um salvation? They don't seem genuine to me. They come off as more of a marketing idea than anything else. Remember Stryper? "Salvation Through Redemption, Yielding Peace, Encouragement, and Righteousness." That is the definition of a marketing idea that reached too far. no offence to any Stryper fans out there.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:30 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Nickelback is the worst thing to come out of Canada since Martin Short. I'd rather listen to Anne Murray.

As for Red - I checked out Breathe Into Me. How do you know that their message is Christian? I couldn't understand a word the guy said. 8-o Nice enough sound I guess but he could have been saying Rock Me Asmodeus for all I knew :-S

I've got nothing against Christian Rock it's just that I've never understood it. Sex, drugs and .... um salvation? They don't seem genuine to me. They come off as more of a marketing idea than anything else. Remember Stryper? "Salvation Through Redemption, Yielding Peace, Encouragement, and Righteousness." That is the definition of a marketing idea that reached too far. no offence to any Stryper fans out there.

You've obviously never listened to
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:49 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Nickelback is the worst thing to come out of Canada since Martin Short. I'd rather listen to Anne Murray.

I'm not overly familiar with Red, but they have a review here, a Christian website. I have a problem with music that doesn't say anything and a band with a message regarding my faith is generally going to get a thumbs up from me, especially if they sound pretty good. I remember the band name Stryper, but don't recall anything they did. I can't say I really listened to "Christian Rock" persay. I suppose you could lump them all under that label, but I believe there may be a stereotype that may not apply to all bands with a Christian message. There was a thread a while ago, here, regarding Christian music. A lot more fans than you might think. Flyleaf is another fairly new band with a Christian message that's a good listen on occasion. And for the record, I can't stand Creed and POD. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 am

when the song "photograph" by Nickelback comes on the radio... blood literally begins dripping from my ears.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:28 am

treat24 wrote:when the song "photograph" by Nickelback comes on the radio... blood literally begins dripping from my ears.

I had to sit through a concert with my wife. :~(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk