what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Tiki » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:56 pm

"Get up offa that thang and dance til you feel better, get up offa that thang and try to realease that pressure!"-The hardest working man in show business.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:10 am

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:05 am

I have never heard Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I kinda enjoy Crosby, Stills, and Nash though. :-?

Which is better?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:26 am

Tiki wrote:I have never heard Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I kinda enjoy Crosby, Stills, and Nash though. :-?

Which is better?

neil young brings a certain grittiness to it. but they still have the beautiful harmonies and melodic ballads. i'm a neil young fan, so i like csny.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:30 am

moonhead wrote:
Tiki wrote:I have never heard Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I kinda enjoy Crosby, Stills, and Nash though. :-?

Which is better?

neil young brings a certain grittiness to it. but they still have the beautiful harmonies and melodic ballads. i'm a neil young fan, so i like csny.

Neil Young is incredible. From his early stuff, Buffalo Springfield, the Crazy Horse work - Rust Never Sleeps is awesome, the CSNY and his recent work is incredible as well. In fact, I'm going to play Harvest Moon right now, that album blows me away.

As for CSN vs. CSNY, there is no comparison. Young's song writing made the band so much better. I heard that when Neil heard the news report about the shootings at Kent State he wrote Ohio overnight and it went to #1 in like a week or so.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:31 am

Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Image

Black on Both Sides

What is that? Mos Def? :-?

sorry, just saw this. Yeah, it's Mos Def. One of the best albums to listen to start to finish. Just avoid it if you're an Elvis fan :-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:44 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Which is better?

Neil Young is incredible. From his early stuff, Buffalo Springfield, the Crazy Horse work - Rust Never Sleeps is awesome, the CSNY and his recent work is incredible as well. In fact, I'm going to play Harvest Moon right now, that album blows me away.

As for CSN vs. CSNY, there is no comparison. Young's song writing made the band so much better. I heard that when Neil heard the news report about the shootings at Kent State he wrote Ohio overnight and it went to #1 in like a week or so.

yeah i believe that he went out in the woods and wrote the song. brought it back to the guys and they said it was so powerful that it moved them all to tears. good stuff.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:24 am

Which is better?

I prefer CSNY because, like moon and Mookie, I'm a Neil Young fan. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Just bought the new Wu Tang cd, good stuff ;-D

Also looking forward to Lupe Fiascos's new cd coming out next week, I think.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Tiki » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:24 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:Just bought the new Wu Tang cd, good stuff ;-D

Also looking forward to Lupe Fiascos's new cd coming out next week, I think.

Yeah, I think Forever and 36 Chambers is better, but still a solid CD. The ODB tribute is very well done, very deep. R.I.P. You should check out the New Ghostface CD, which is what I am listening too, The Big Doe Rehab. I am also, looking forward to the new Lupe CD I like the song "Dumb it Down". You heard any of his mixtapes? They got one of the dopest songs by him on there. It's called "Lupe the Killer" and I think it's off his "Fahrenheit 1/15 pt. II-Revenge of the Nerds". If you like Lupe for sure check it out! ;-D B-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk