what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:That's not the point of bago's post. ;-)

yeah. the point of his post was to be a total douche.


PMSing today moon?

Milking the system for money you don't need is a pretty selfish thing to do don't you think? Especially when you have people out there that are in dire need of it.

gullible much?
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:32 pm

moonhead wrote:gullible much?


All the time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby bagobonez » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Tiki wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Tiki wrote: The ODB tribute is very well done, very deep. R.I.P.


My tribute to ODB would be taking a dump on his grave. I once saw him on MTV while he cashed a welfare check despite being a millionaire. He was rubbing it in everyone's faces that he was still on welfare and was milking our society despite the fact that he has all the money he needs. I hope that's still funny while he's in hell. :-°


..........Sadly ODB wasn't a millionaire.....


Oh I'm sorry, he was only a hundred thousand-aire. The point is, he didn't NEED the money our government was giving him, but he decided to be a piece of trash and accept it anyway. Here I am, busting my butt every day at work and I only see 70% (give or take) of my paycheck so that the rest can go to people who are unable to provide for their own needs, and then there's ODB cashing that other 30% of my paycheck (and bragging about it no less) even though he's extremely well off. Good riddance, the world is a better place without you ODB.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:42 pm

I am not saying ODB was the smartest man, but he owed tons of money in child support, he did his fair share of drugs and alcohol, he had to split the money with 10 or 11 other guys, plus the record label. Have you seen Method Man's house on Cribs? No, well it wasn't that nice...My parent's house was nicer. You don't know what you're talking about so please stop talking, before you go and get me banned from here. :-t


mod edit: name calling
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby bagobonez » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Tiki wrote:I am not saying ODB was the smartest man, but he owed tons of money in child support, he did his fair share of drugs and alcohol, he had to split the money with 10 or 11 other guys, plus the record label. Have you seen Method Man's house on Cribs? No, well it wasn't that nice...My parent's house was nicer. You don't know what you're talking about so please stop talking, before you go and get me banned from here. :-t


mod edit: name calling


Uh, if he can afford to roll up to the welfare office in a stretch limo, then he probably doesn't need the check that badly. Think about what you're saying, Tiki? Don't just like ODB because your friends do or because you like his music or whatever... think about the person that ODB actually is. Doesn't it make you mad that you can work your butt off for a well earned paycheck, and only get 70% of that check because someone like ODB is out there exploiting that other 30% This man was a complete piece of garbage. WHat did he ever do for society? What kind of lifestyle did he ever exhibit besides one that was completely selfish and materialistic? WHere do your values lie Tiki? I want you to really sit down and think about that situation before calling me names.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:04 pm

My values are just fine thank you. I am not the one bad mouthing a dead man. Just forget it, you still don't know what you're talking about...The most successful one out of the group (Method Man), at that point in time, lived in a avg. home. How you think the rest are living? They are from Staton Island New York, the ghetto part...How you think they were living before? Why the hell do you think ODB was on Food Stamps and Welfare in the first place? Have you ever listened to one of their CDs, group or solo? My guess is no. Than you don't no shite about them. I am saying showign up to a welfare office in a Limo is pretty excessive, and uncalled for but you don't know the half. How would you feel if everyone knew your name, and you still had to use food stamps? Plus, it was on TV could've been a joke. Now, I am being civil here think what you think, I'll think what I want to think and lets leave it at that....But, please don't question my morals when I have done nothing wrong, and I not talking smack about dead man without knowing anything about the dead man..... :-P
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Tiki wrote:My values are just fine thank you. I am not the one bad mouthing a dead man. Just forget it, you still don't know what you're talking about...The most successful one out of the group (Method Man), at that point in time, lived in a avg. home. How you think the rest are living? They are from Staton Island New York, the ghetto part...How you think they were living before? Why the hell do you think ODB was on Food Stamps and Welfare in the first place? Have you ever listened to one of their CDs, group or solo? My guess is no. Than you don't no shite about them. I am saying showign up to a welfare office in a Limo is pretty excessive, and uncalled for but you don't know the half. How would you feel if everyone knew your name, and you still had to use food stamps? Plus, it was on TV could've been a joke. Now, I am being civil here think what you think, I'll think what I want to think and lets leave it at that....But, please don't question my morals when I have done nothing wrong, and I not talking smack about dead man without knowing anything about the dead man..... :-P

ding ding ding.

wow. took us a while to come to that conclusion.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Tiki wrote:The most successful one out of the group (Method Man), at that point in time, lived in a avg. home.


Probably cuz he spent all his money on alcohol and drugs. You can't base how wealthy a person is by what their house looks like on Cribs. :-b But I do agree, I think the whole welfare thing was probably a stunt, but if it wasn't thats a pretty shady thing to do. Even if you argue that ODB was broke enough to need welfare, there's no way you can argue that being broke wasn't his own fault for blowing it all on rims, drugs and hoes.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:34 pm

I never said ODB was smart....I never said it wasn't his fault. If you had a lot of money why the hell would you live in a small house? Plus, he's a rapper right? Shouldn't he have six cars with platinum rims, a pool with a waterfall, twenty women all waiting his every command, and a MANSION! Oh, wait he is a rapper that keeps his ones in a shoe box...How can you not base someone's wealth on where they live? You don't, normally, live in a nice house if you're broke, and you don't, normally, live in the ghetto if you're rich. The logic about Wu-Tang is funny to me. When was the last time you saw a Wu-Tang song on T.V.? Imma go ahead and say it was 7 years ago and the song was Triumph. And than before that? I have no clue, but the only big hit I can think of "Got Your Money". I am not saying these guys are broke enough to be on welfare, but I am saying they aren't you're typical rapper. Now, ODB might've been his a$$ was crazy! :-b

Edit-I am saying why argue with the guy who has a Wu-Tang AV. and Sig.? :-?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:58 pm

You're a funny guy Tiki.

You jumped all over bago that he didn't know what he's talking about. I would contend that you don't know all that you think you do either, just because you've heard their music, read their bio, or watch their films. If you recall, I know a guy who grew up with these guys, including Method Man and RZA. I would imagine, from what he's said and who he is, that I have a good idea what kind of guys they are, but who knows.

I don't know what your point is that they don't live in lavish homes. That's not their style. That's not where they're from. They spend their money, but we just don't see it like we see the Puff Daddys, Nellys, and Jay-Zs. They're not as visible as those guys, by their own admission, because they don't want to be, because that's not where they're from.

Whatever you may respect about ODB, it certainly cannot be that he was a good man. He wasn't. He knew how to entertain however.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:39 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact