what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:07 pm

Yet you see GFK with a Golden Eagle on his arm, and a huge chain. Granted, I don't know anyone who knew them. And I agree with you that that's not where they are from, and that's not how they live. But, when ODB pulled that little stunt I can guarantee you they were falling on some hard times. I think Method Man is doing a lot better, he had a show on Fox, and dropped a new CD about a year ago. GFK has dropped four albums in two years and the first two were really good, and did some commercials for MTV2 not too long ago. The RZA has worked with Nike, and produces music for a ton of big movies, and is working with Dr. Dre right now. Raekwon has a new CD coming out and is on the Remix to a pretty popular song right now. If you watch those videos moon posted you'll see how they are with money. I even said that they aren't your typical rappers, but they also don't make as much money as Puffy or Jay-Z. ALL I AM SAYING is you shouldn't say I would take a crap on someone's grave, when you don't know anything about them. Is that not a true statement? Or should we all have said we're going to take craps on Ike Turners grave?

Wu-Tang puts real stuff into their music ORS, ya can't forget that. They don't make stuff up, they tell it how they see it, and how they lived. So what they write in their books and write in their lyrics is them. Ya see you just wouldn't get it unless your a true fan. And I wouldn't contend that you know more about them then me because you have/had a friend who knew Mr. Mef and The RZA.
AND they are worse people out there than ODB, he wasn't greatest guy and all, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he was a bad guy.
Can I get SUUU!?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:13 pm

this is pretty good stuff. i haven't listened to their studio stuff, i have it all, but haven't listened to it yet. this has an amazing cover of neil young's cortez the killer on it. seems to be a really musically proficient, accomplished group here. vocals could be somewhat of a turn off for some. but i don't mind. and the music is really great.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Is their name Live or Built To Spill?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:17 pm

built to spill
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:30 pm

Bob Marley mix I have, it's about 30 songs! Gotta love Bob.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:04 pm

Tiki wrote:Bob Marley mix I have, it's about 30 songs! Gotta love Bob.

I'll take a dump on his grave, he's a pot-smoking bum that contributed nothing to society. :-b

Bucktown by Smif N Wessun is what I'm listening to right now.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:11 pm

CC wrote:
Tiki wrote:Bob Marley mix I have, it's about 30 songs! Gotta love Bob.

I'll take a dump on his grave, he's a pot-smoking bum that contributed nothing to society. :-b

Bucktown by Smif N Wessun is what I'm listening to right now.

You bastard!

Are those two any good CC? I have heard of them, and seen their CDs, but have never heard their music.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:26 pm

i really am starting to dig this album. i absolutely loved their 2000 release, melody of certain damaged lemons. it was a bit less produced, had a more raw sound to it. this one is definitely more polished, i'm not sure yet if that makes it better, but it's more melodic and probably as commercial sounding of anything i've heard from them...and it's far from commercial.

if you like portishead or massive attack, you should check out blonde redhead. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Song: Beer
Band: Reel Big Fish
Album: Turn the Radio Off

doesn't even matter if you like ska, it's totally worth a listen, great, great song and band.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:12 pm

lol - funny discussion.
I don't think that I can think of a worse role model than ODB. The guy was a ton of laughs when they ripped on him on the Stern Show and he had a sense of humour but the guy was a deadbeat loser. Think of Travis Henry without the athletic prowess and less self control and more violent. I don't think that you can respect the guy even posthumously. His "music" was misogynistic and his personal life was almost without any redeeming qualities. You shouldn't speak ill of the dead but that makes it hard to say anything about ODB. It saddens me very much that anybody looks up to this guy.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk