what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby CC » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Tiki wrote:
CC wrote:
Tiki wrote:Bob Marley mix I have, it's about 30 songs! Gotta love Bob.

I'll take a dump on his grave, he's a pot-smoking bum that contributed nothing to society. :-b

Bucktown by Smif N Wessun is what I'm listening to right now.

You bastard!

Are those two any good CC? I have heard of them, and seen their CDs, but have never heard their music.

I don't listen to a lot of them, but Bucktown is a legit certified classic hip-hop track (something like 40 on the Source's top 151 songs). Gun Clapp and Headz Ain't Ready are also good tracks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Tiki wrote:My values are just fine thank you. I am not the one bad mouthing a dead man. Just forget it, you still don't know what you're talking about...The most successful one out of the group (Method Man), at that point in time, lived in a avg. home. How you think the rest are living?

I'm sure the fact that ODB snorted all his money up his nose has nothing to do with him living in an average home.

Tiki wrote:They are from Staton Island New York, the ghetto part...How you think they were living before? Why the hell do you think ODB was on Food Stamps and Welfare in the first place? Have you ever listened to one of their CDs, group or solo? My guess is no. Than you don't no shite about them.

Your guess is wrong. I actually used to be a huge fan of Method Man and Wu Tang Clan when i was 15, 16, 17 years old. Then I grew up and realized that alot of their lyrics are non-sense and do not reflect the kind of values and characteristics that I wanted to portray as an individual. I was very impressionable as a teenager (as most of us probably are) and I liked rap music. I grew out of it because once I got some life experience under my belt, I realized that the majority it was garbage.

Tiki wrote: I am saying showign up to a welfare office in a Limo is pretty excessive, and uncalled for but you don't know the half. How would you feel if everyone knew your name, and you still had to use food stamps?

If you had done your research you would have known that ODB receiving a welfare check was a mistake by the government. ODB was not so poor that he was legitimately on welfare. That check somehow "fell through the cracks" and ODB was such a good and upstanding citizen, that he declined to cash the check right? Riiiiiiiight. He knew the check was a mistake, that's why he had all the MTV cameras with him so he could make a big mockery of it. Like I said, he was rubbing it in everyone's faces and bragging about the fact that he was cashing the check. That was the whole point of it being on MTV.[/quote]

Tiki wrote:Plus, it was on TV could've been a joke. Now, I am being civil here think what you think, I'll think what I want to think and lets leave it at that....But, please don't question my morals when I have done nothing wrong,

I didn't, I asked you where your values lie. There's a difference in values and morals.

Tiki wrote:I never said ODB was smart....I never said it wasn't his fault. If you had a lot of money why the hell would you live in a small house? Plus, he's a rapper right? Shouldn't he have six cars with platinum rims, a pool with a waterfall, twenty women all waiting his every command, and a MANSION!

That is all beside the point, Tiki. You're missing the point. Just because ODB didn't live in a mansion and have 15 cars still doesn't give him the right to cash a welfare check that didn't belong to him. I don't have a mansion and 15 cars, does that mean I get to be on welfare too? No. I have more respect for myself than to spend government money that doesn't belong to me. And even if I did spend that money, I sure as hell wouldn't call MTV to come help me make a big mockery of it and brag about it.

Tiki wrote:Yet you see GFK with a Golden Eagle on his arm, and a huge chain. Granted, I don't know anyone who knew them. And I agree with you that that's not where they are from, and that's not how they live. But, when ODB pulled that little stunt I can guarantee you they were falling on some hard times.

If your definition of "hard times" is rolling around in a limo with MTV cameras filming your every move then you really don't know what hard times are, my friend.

Tiki wrote:Wu-Tang puts real stuff into their music ORS, ya can't forget that. They don't make stuff up, they tell it how they see it, and how they lived. So what they write in their books and write in their lyrics is them.

What they write in their lyrics is them huh? Let's take a look at some of their wonderful lyrics...

As high as Wu-Tang get
Allah allow us pop this s***
Just like black shoe fit
If you can't wear it, well don't f*** with it!

------------------------------------------

This is dedicated to all you b*****
Knew this b**** named Traj, she had a hella fine a**
Candy-a**, blew my hole in the past
N****** gave me gonorrhea
P***** **** to the tippy toe like ballerina
Boy you shoulda seen her
She had a babyface creamer Purinas
Called up talkin Tina
I put my **** in a broom
She **** my head like a balloon
I had her walkin on the moon

-------------------------------------------

All y'all b***** put your naps together
And all you n****** put your ****** together, *****

Hoeeeee! Yah ha heh
De, hayyyy! Ah ha he hay
De, haaaaa! Errr hah hahhhr
Haaaaaaaah He hawww, heahh

She flew in like calm breeze
Tall brown skin her weave like palm trees
I went coconuts
Dipped my Dunkin' between your Donut
Don't want it if it ain't no slut, b****
Fathership touch ground, like fly on soup
Don't invite me I tear the ***k down
White ones cut my toupee!
Seventh day rester, or scream play
I slump MC slay, it ain't nuttin to bust a***
Bullet him, get him fast
**** I don't break out, blast to the next rash
The dog piss on MC's like trees
Got meals but still grill that old good welfare cheese

[Ol Dirty sings again]
Hoeeeeee!
Yeah, hayyyy! Dedicated to all you b**** a** n*****
De, haaaaa And you b**** a*** n*********
B****! Hoeeeeee! Motherf*****!

----------------------------------------------

Wow, that's some real interesting lyrics from ODB. Let's think about what ODB stands for anyway.. Old Dirty Bastard. ANyone who wears that label with pride has problems. Notice that part of his lyrics I emboldened? There it is from his own mouth, Tiki. he's basically saying he's well off enough to eat and have the things he needs, but he's still exploiting welfare. Stop defending him when he's not even defending himself for God's sake! Not to mention the fact that they use the N word every other word.

Tiki wrote:Ya see you just wouldn't get it unless your a true fan.

I was a true fan at one time.

Tiki wrote:AND they are worse people out there than ODB, he wasn't greatest guy and all, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he was a bad guy.

That's like saying we should look up to Saddam Hussein just because he killed less people than Hitler. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Just stop and really think about who ODB was as a person, Tiki. Don't be brainwashed. You are an individual and have a mind of your own, you seem to be pretty intelligent, so stop and actually think about who ODB was as a person. I am not trying to slander you, Tiki, I have nothing against you personally, I just want you to take a step back and look at ODB for the person he was. Don't automatically like him just to win an argument. Don't automatically like him just because you like rap music. Think about it like this. Suppose you had a friend that begged you for $20 because they were going through some rough times and really needed some help. You give them the $20 in good faith, and then come to find out that the only reason they asked you for that $20 was because they wanted that money to go buy beer or drugs. Wouldn't that piss you off, Tiki? Wouldn't you feel betrayed? What ODB did with the welfare check was similar.

Or think about it like this. Suppose there was someone out there that you really don't even know, someone from your school or something, and he went around asking for people to give him money because he needed this or that. You personally don't want to give him money, but your parents make you give him some of YOUR hard earned money. Then later you come to find out that kid that was begging for that money actually has nicer things than you do, and just wanted the money for the heck of it, because he's selfish. That's the same as what ODB did. The parents represent the government, you represent the tax-payer, and the lying kid represents ODB. Wouldn't that piss you off?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Tiki wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:Just bought the new Wu Tang cd, good stuff ;-D

Also looking forward to Lupe Fiascos's new cd coming out next week, I think.

Yeah, I think Forever and 36 Chambers is better, but still a solid CD. The ODB tribute is very well done, very deep. R.I.P. You should check out the New Ghostface CD, which is what I am listening too, The Big Doe Rehab. I am also, looking forward to the new Lupe CD I like the song "Dumb it Down". You heard any of his mixtapes? They got one of the dopest songs by him on there. It's called "Lupe the Killer" and I think it's off his "Fahrenheit 1/15 pt. II-Revenge of the Nerds". If you like Lupe for sure check it out! ;-D B-)

Yea, there's no way the new cd tops 36 Chambers (I have that as well), but I'm liking it more as I listen to it more. I listened to the Ghostface cd, wasn't bad, but to be honest, he's near the bottom of the list for my favorite Wu Tang rappers.

I've also heard Dumb It Down, very good song (as is his other single Superstar). Thanks for the heads up on that mixtape, I'll definitely check it out.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:06 pm

Bago that's just ODB! Give it up. You ain't convincing nobody but yourself. I am happy that you grew up and are unhappy with ODB, because he robbed the government, like a ton of other people do. JUST STICKIN' TO THE MAN! Right?
How bout this one First things first man, you're f'in with the worst I be stickin pins in you head like a f'in nurse or HUT ONE HUT TWO HUT THREE HUT! Ol' Dirty Bastard live and uncut. Styles unbreakable shatterproof to the young youth, you wanna get gun SHOOT! BLOAW! How you like me now? Don't f with the style, ruthless WILD
I got verses too, that aren't about his escapades with women.

:-b He's ODB get over it, all I was saying that shouldn't say you're going to crap on someone's grave.
And that "As High as Wu-Tang Gets" song bangs out.

"Biggie Smalls is the illest" ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:11 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:
Tiki wrote:
steelerfan04 wrote:Just bought the new Wu Tang cd, good stuff ;-D

Also looking forward to Lupe Fiascos's new cd coming out next week, I think.

Yeah, I think Forever and 36 Chambers is better, but still a solid CD. The ODB tribute is very well done, very deep. R.I.P. You should check out the New Ghostface CD, which is what I am listening too, The Big Doe Rehab. I am also, looking forward to the new Lupe CD I like the song "Dumb it Down". You heard any of his mixtapes? They got one of the dopest songs by him on there. It's called "Lupe the Killer" and I think it's off his "Fahrenheit 1/15 pt. II-Revenge of the Nerds". If you like Lupe for sure check it out! ;-D B-)

Yea, there's no way the new cd tops 36 Chambers (I have that as well), but I'm liking it more as I listen to it more. I listened to the Ghostface cd, wasn't bad, but to be honest, he's near the bottom of the list for my favorite Wu Tang rappers.

I've also heard Dumb It Down, very good song (as is his other single Superstar). Thanks for the heads up on that mixtape, I'll definitely check it out.

I heard the live version of Paris, Tokyo a while back and it is heat. Lupe's new CD should be really good, I missed him in Toronto last night, but I caught him last year and he was awesome. Lupe is a breath of fresh air in the rap game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:13 pm

Yes he is. I'm telling y'all check out that mixtape it's dope.

And GFK has the best solo albums IMO. Than probably Raekwon.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Tiki wrote:Bago that's just ODB! Give it up. You ain't convincing nobody but yourself. I am happy that you grew up and are unhappy with ODB, because he robbed the government, like a ton of other people do. JUST STICKIN' TO THE MAN! Right?
How bout this one First things first man, you're f'in with the worst I be stickin pins in you head like a f'in nurse or HUT ONE HUT TWO HUT THREE HUT! Ol' Dirty Bastard live and uncut. Styles unbreakable shatterproof to the young youth, you wanna get gun SHOOT! BLOAW! How you like me now? Don't f with the style, ruthless WILD
I got verses too, that aren't about his escapades with women.

:-b He's ODB get over it, all I was saying that shouldn't say you're going to crap on someone's grave.
And that "As High as Wu-Tang Gets" song bangs out.

Obviously I'm not going to go take a dump on ODB's grave. I've got better things to do. I was making a point. Nice how your only comeback to any of the numerous ways I proved ODB to be a disgusting human being is to throw more of his lyrics out, which only further proves my point. Stick pins in your head like a nurse? Brag about shooting someone? Wow... great things to look up to. I've always idolized people who shoot others over money, territory, etc. I guess we will just agree to disagree. You've brought nothing at all that proves ODB was anything than a waste of oxygen, so whatever. That "As High as Wu Tang Gets" song "bangs out"? I don't really know what "bangs out" means, but doing illegal drugs is not something I would want my kids to look up to.
Last edited by bagobonez on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Ahh....About as much as a waste of oxygen as yourself. Granted you would never say any of this to his face if you ever saw him...You're all talk. :-b
Wasn't really a comeback, just throwing out some lyrics. Ya know?

ODB's THE MAN!

Now, I am listening to "Hello"-N.W.A.
"Did I fall off? Got you rippin' every Chronic poster on your wall off?"-Dr. Dre
Bago you going to take a crap on Eazy-E's grave as well? Biggie's? Tupac's? Big Pun's? Jam Master Jay's? Big L's (You must really hate Big L)? LEFT EYE'S!?

Than Ice Water-Raekwon Ghostface Cappachino
Than Ice Cream-Raekwon ft Method Man Ghostface Cappachino
I am in the Ices on the Ipod.

Got me clownin' out.

Edit-And Bago it's IMPOOSSIIBLLLE!! You can never defeat the Godz. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Tiki wrote:Ahh....About as much as a waste of oxygen as yourself. Granted you would never say any of this to his face if you ever saw him...You're all talk. :-b
Wasn't really a comeback, just throwing out some lyrics. Ya know?

ODB's THE MAN!

ODB's the man? So you idolize someone who's a thief, a womanizer, a drug abuser, an exploiter, and a cheat? Nice role models you look up to Tiki. I always look up to people who impregnate numerous women and then do nothing to ensure the well being of their own flesh and blood. I formally retract my statement about you being fairly intelligent, I was wrong about you.

P.S. I wouldn't be afraid to say anything to ODB if I saw him face to face, but oh wait, he's dead so I guess I never will.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 pm

Metroid wrote:darkside of the moonhead....great album.

Indeed.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk