what are you listening to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

what are you listening to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 pm

Metroid wrote:darkside of the moonhead....great album.

Indeed.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am

Although he had numerous kids my different women I still love Bob Marley. Hate on that, please. ;-D
Burnin' and lootin' is the jam.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:53 am

Bago, I'm with you. It's unfortunate that young men cannot differentiate entertainment from real life. It's a regrettable state of society that's destructive and sad. Tiki contends that you're stickin to the man because you've grown up to realize who people are and what it means to you. I contend that it's Tiki who's incredibly misguided (and has been for a long time). It's young, impressionable kids like Tiki that follow idiots like ODB past the circle of entertainment. They worship these fools as if they have more to add to society than the occasional hit song. Frankly, Tiki's a pawn, just like you and I used to be bago. We both bought into their stories and bit hard on their way of life as respectable. Truth be told, when you paint a bigger picture and see the forest for the trees, these ODB types are greedy, selfish people. The beats and rhymes merely disguise the message. If their message were written in the newspaper, stomper would be posting it for everyone to furiously respond to. I continue to feel sorry for Tiki, as I've mentioned in the past. He's a kid like many of us once were. We all knew it all at one time and if anyone told us otherwise they were merely products of conformity. Tiki's as closed-minded as they come and, unfortunately, it may take something rather extreme to help him see the authentic truth. I was the same way till I went too far and was exposed to the ugly underbelly that Tiki so emphatically reveres. I just pray that Tiki's transition to reality is more pleasant than my own.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Popcynical » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:44 am

Palmdale is probably my favorite song on this CD...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:05 am

Tiki wrote:Yes he is. I'm telling y'all check out that mixtape it's dope.

And GFK has the best solo albums IMO. Than probably Raekwon.

Just downloaded the entire thing (I found a site where you can get free mixtapes). That Lupe the Killer song is really good like you said. I haven't really had a chance to listen to the entire thing yet, but from what I've heard so far it's good ;-D
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Nothing like "The Chronic" by Dr. Dre and football. ;-D

Edit-Some of you cats can't take jokes either...Jeebus....But, mine as well play into it right? Ol' Dirty is my hero.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby APAP » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:01 pm

"Round here" by Memphis Bleek, Trick Daddy, T.I.

Sick song
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Bago, I'm with you. It's unfortunate that young men cannot differentiate entertainment from real life. It's a regrettable state of society that's destructive and sad. Tiki contends that you're stickin to the man because you've grown up to realize who people are and what it means to you. I contend that it's Tiki who's incredibly misguided (and has been for a long time). It's young, impressionable kids like Tiki that follow idiots like ODB past the circle of entertainment. They worship these fools as if they have more to add to society than the occasional hit song. Frankly, Tiki's a pawn, just like you and I used to be bago. We both bought into their stories and bit hard on their way of life as respectable. Truth be told, when you paint a bigger picture and see the forest for the trees, these ODB types are greedy, selfish people. The beats and rhymes merely disguise the message. If their message were written in the newspaper, stomper would be posting it for everyone to furiously respond to. I continue to feel sorry for Tiki, as I've mentioned in the past. He's a kid like many of us once were. We all knew it all at one time and if anyone told us otherwise they were merely products of conformity. Tiki's as closed-minded as they come and, unfortunately, it may take something rather extreme to help him see the authentic truth. I was the same way till I went too far and was exposed to the ugly underbelly that Tiki so emphatically reveres. I just pray that Tiki's transition to reality is more pleasant than my own.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly, there are so many impressionable teens that never really grow up to see through all the smoke, mirrors and BS that is rap music, and they let it carry over into their adulthood. It makes me sick that rap music is the most popular genre of music in our society now. 95% of rap music is about one of the following: drugs, alcohol, materialism, money, sex. Literally. I could probably pick ten random rap songs and each one of them would have one of the aforementioned topics in it, as well as cuss words. I think it's a sad reflection of how much our society has deteriorated in the last 10-20 years.

As far as Tiki goes... I honestly can't see how he could disagree about ODB being a bad human being. I think he honestly knows that ODB is scum, but because he has a blind loyalty to the Wu Tang Clan, he chooses to overlook it. Either that or in the spirit of winning an argument, he got defensive and just chooses to side with ODB because ODB was a member of his favorite rap group. That's why I asked him where his values lie. Clearly he puts more value on being an entertainer or projecting a certain image than he does in old fashioned goodness. It's interesting to me that he really had no defense for ODB at all, and so he kinda just blew the whole argument off and started talking about other music he likes. ODB was nothing but a self serving criminal but Tiki chooses to ignore it. And the fact that he has resorted to calling me names just because I disagree with him shows his maturity level. So whatever.. to each his own. If he wants to let his mind be corrupted by the debauchery that is rap music, so be it. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and realize that the majority of it is garbage, but sometimes people have to learn things the hard way, and even if you lay something out in plain English for them, they just won't grasp it until they learn the hard way. And maybe that's not such a bad thing for some people. I'm glad you were able to come out of that dark tunnel a better person though, Omaha. Kudos to you. I was able to finally come to my senses about it all without ever really going through anything dramatic.

I was talking about this with my wife a little bit last night, and you're right, if someone in a news conference or something said the things that rappers say in their music, people would be disgusted with him. Yet put a catchy beat to it, and suddenly it's not only acceptable, but encouraged and praised.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:03 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Just downloaded "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys, the song from The Departed with the bagpipes in it. Excellent short song. ;-D

Love that song.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:54 am

Y'all pickin' MY brain love it. I learn so much about myself. ;-D

Actually, I just got back from the Wu-Tang concert. The RZA wasn't there, so yeah there's some turmoil. But, it was still a great concert. There was a tribute to ODB, yessir. Good stuff, they didn't play one song from the new album, but they promoted it. :-b ;-D

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies, hypothesis
can't define how I be droppin these mockeries,
lyrically perform armed robbery flee with the lottery,
possibly they spotted me.
Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my pen hits
tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind forensics.
I inspect you, through the future see millennium
Killa Bees sold fifty gold, sixty platinum
Shacklin the masses with drastic rap tactics,
Graphic displays melt the steel like blacksmiths
Black Wu jackets queen Bees ease the guns in, rumble with patrolmen,
tear gas laced the function.
Heads by the score, take flight incite a war
Chicks hit the floor, die-hard fans demand more
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin' swords like Shinobi
Stomp grounds and pound footprints in solid rock
Wu got it locked, performin live on your hottest block"-Inspektah Dek
Always, get the crowd the wildest.

;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk