Reggie Bush Not Working Out At Combines - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush Not Working Out At Combines

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:21 pm

just wanna say, tiki barber is on there, he is the same weight as bush and only 2 inches shorter and look how good he is.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:28 pm

i think he resembels tiki and marshall in pads
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:57 pm

mattb47 wrote:I like how you ignored the other 8 guys i put out there that aren't 221 lbs. What I was trying to say, was that the guys I posted here weren't the same weight when they came into the NFL as they are now. Bush is a similar build to all these backs and some are obviously going to be a bit heavier than others, everyone's body is different. Some people are going to have the same kind of power at different weights than others. But to say there's no comparison is blindly believing what you already think about Bush. You can't ignore the very close similarities in size (i'm not just talking about height and weight either, but to their acutal build similarities) to guys like Barber, Faulk, Priest, Portis, Jones, and Dunn.

If you would've actually read my initial response to your post, my major issue was that you compared Bush to LT in size. Comparing him to someone shorter who is 15 lbs heavier is not accurate by any means, but certainly not as outlandish, but still off. Personally, I dont see how you can even lump all these guys in as the same kind of RB. Dunn and Priest couldn't be much more different. The knock against Bush is that he may not be a complete RB, an inside runner, which several of these guys have shown the capacity to be.

If you're talking about running style, I could definitely agree Bush compares favorably to several of the guys you mentioned. But that would be changing your argument. Guys that are shorter, but even heavier, are not the same size as other guys. Please, explain to me, if you can, how a 5 foot 9 man, and a 6 foot tall man, both weighing 213 are of similar size? One is obviously leaner, the other obviously significantly stockier. Or how a 5 foot 9 inch, 180 lb man is the same size as a 5 foot 9, 213 lb man? That's 33 extra pounds of muscle at the same height. You'd see the difference very clearly.

Its one thing to say "If he adds 10 pounds, his size won't be a problem," and compare him to some 210-215 lb RBs. But that wasn't your argument.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Steve_L » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:11 pm

My only real fear with Bush is that the tacklers and the game in general are going to move a lot faster than they do in college so he will have to adapt to that. This applies expecially to him because he depends on his agility and burst of speed. I really don't feel there is a huge concern on anything else, espcially not size.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 pm

What a dumb move by Bush. IF he posted some amazing combine numbers he could be the #1 pick in next year's draft too!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Durability.
Endurance. (Reggie has rushed only 3 times in his career more than 20 times a game)

Reggie also touches the ball a lot in the passing game and in the return game. He actually averaged just as many touches this year as the top RBs in the NFL did, and was never really affected by injury in his career.

Bulletproof DeAngelo meanwhile, has been nagged by injuries his entire career, yet he doesn't have a problem with durability?

And let's not forget that explosive backs like Reggie who make half their living catching the ball out of the backfield don't need 20+ carries a game to be effective. Marshall averaged 15 carries per game during his best season.

hahaha... i never said DeAngelo was bulletproof... just a safer pick than Reg.

And I understand that Reggie gets an equal amount of touches through the passing game, but I doubt Reg can take punishment in the inside run game. And just to be clear... all of those guys you mentioned to attribute to Reggie (and why no Emmitt on that list?), all could/can run inside. I've yet to see Reggie do it consistantly. And he will not be able to bounce outside as often in the NFL.

And just to clear up Reggie's height/weight issue, he is (as measured at the Combine) 5'10", 201 pounds. Not bad for weight, but I'm interested in seeing how this affects his 40-time.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk