Cutler, Leinart or Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler, Leinart or Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cutler, Leinart or Young

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Going by where most guys have these guys going (leinart-NO, Young-TEN, Cutler-Ari) which one will go on to have the better career? I know Cutler is getting alot of hype right now even though the other 2 have produce better at College but with Fitz and Boldin Culter could have some monster years.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:11 pm

If I was a GM and had my selection of any 3, I would take Leinart. But if the situation you posted does happen with all three of those guys landing on those teams Cutler would be in a system where it will be the easiest to succeed having arguablly the best wide reciever duo in the NFL. So for the next 3-5 years I would say Cutler does the best just based on if he lands in Arizona.

Long term if the saints can turn it around I would still put my vote in that Leinart has the most successful career of the three.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Just based on those 3 projected teams, you would have to say Cutler in AZ throwing to Fitz & Boldin.

I think it's way too early to tell. Just remember that many of the "experts" said Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 pm

yea....its hard to really say. I personally that Leinart could have more success. He has two good wr's in stallworth and horn and has duece to go along w/ that. That will open up the passing game alot better than JJ Arrington can. So its really hard to tell at this point.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Immediately, Cutler would have the best situation. But gut feeling, I'm gonna take the very unpopular pick and say Young has the best career.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 pm

i dont see how cutler is in a better situation. Arizona just resigned warner and they have no rushing attack. Its easy to just play the pass. Having a rookie that is going to have to pass w/ no running game is not the best situation.

again, the saints will focus more on the run w/ duece making it easy to groom a young qb (leinart, if hes picked).
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:32 pm

I'm going to say Leinart will have the quickest impact, and that Leinart will have the best career of the three in retrospect.

In the short term, chances are Leinart will be stepping into a starting role if he goes to NO. If Cutler goes to AZ, it might behoove the Cards to go the Carson Palmer route with Cutler if they draft him and let the veteran Warner start for a year while the kid learns the offense.

In the long term, I just think that Leinart has the most skills and until I'm convinced otherwise, I have to believe he's going to be the best QB of the group.

Young will be the most ineffective in the NFL because he will not be able to rely on his legs like he did in College.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:35 pm

agree with you dude. I just dont feel that young will get it done on the nfl level. I just dont think that young can run a successful offense with his talents. Hes too much of a runner and not a passer. I.E Mike Vick
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Cutler, Leinart or Young

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:45 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Going by where most guys have these guys going (leinart-NO, Young-TEN, Cutler-Ari) which one will go on to have the better career? I know Cutler is getting alot of hype right now even though the other 2 have produce better at College but with Fitz and Boldin Culter could have some monster years.

im not totally sure that cutler will end up in arizona. first, they should do what houston should do: trade down to improve their awful offensive line. second, they just signed warner to a 3 year deal. i know he will retire after that, but paying a guy not to play for three years seems like a waste to me. i think they will wait at least another year to draft a qb.

in answering your question, i would like leinart out of those 3 guys, but anyone could be a great qb in arizona, even kyle boller (haha, i love using that reference).
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:52 pm

FYI the Titans are trading down in the first to take Cutler later and get an extra pick or two out of it.

At least thats what im hoping. I really think when it is all said and done Cutler will have the best Pro career out of these three! ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk