Cutler, Leinart or Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler, Leinart or Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I'm going with the unpopular pick and say Young....If he goes to Tennessee, he learns for a year under McNair...plus he has Chow for an OC....Not at all worried about him being a bust....

Leinart needs a good situation....like Brady....If he finds himself there, he could have a solid career....not sure if that situation is NO though...

Cutler, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with some talent around him....but he is being over hyped imo.....He should be the 3rd QB taken, no higher....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:44 pm

perhaps. But you also saw how leinart perfomred in the Elite Bowls, against elite competition.

I don't particularly have anything invested in this, other than the fact that I think Leinart has done all he can to prove himself: put up stats, managed the team, won tons of games, won a national chmapionship, contended for another. You can't do much more than that.

My impression is that sometimes the NFL scouts get all geeked out over potential, combines, workouts rather than proven on-field performance, which is really the crux of my point.

Not a knock on cutler so much as leinart's resume is a little more fleshed out with more examples of performance, and I thinkt hat should count more than what it does sometimes.

But then again, you get a Big Ben situation who was drafted behind eli and rivers, and they guy QB'd a 15-1 team and a Super Bowl winner, so who the hell knows?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PACKman1144 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 pm

I think Lienart is the best pro Qb out of those three, but fantasy wise Cutler has a great situation if he lands in AZ.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:10 pm

Highest ceiling: Vince Young
Safest pick: Matt Leinart

I would go with Leinart, you can't risk that much money on someone who could bust hard.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:52 am

Leinart to me looks like he has bust written all over him. Stays in school an extra year because his arm was too weak, no has no choice and arm is too weak. I just feel the rich kid who played with the most talented team will have a very hard time transferring his game to the pros. Could see him getting discouraged quickly.

VY is going to be the best. His size, running ability and throwing accuracy will lend itsef nicely to the pro game. Also proved that he can do what it takes to find a way to win. He will need to learn not to hold onto the ball as long as he does, but I think he will be a big tiem player for years to come.

Cutler is the tools guy. Very strong arm and decent accuracy, but unproven on a bigger stage. I think he could be a very good pro as well, but like VY's game changing ability more.

So: VY, Culter, and Lyinart.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:14 pm

The Jet case: It is obvious that we cannot possibly put all our eggs in Pennington's basket. Pennington has pocketed $22 million for 18 games; the former coach gambled and lost on his comeback from the first rotator-cuff injury. And the new coach and new GM envision Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler as the next franchise quarterback.
...NYPost 2/25.

Don't count the Jets out of taking Cutler.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Highest ceiling: Vince Young
Safest pick: Matt Leinart

I would go with Leinart, you can't risk that much money on someone who could bust hard.

bam. And that's the word.

I am also of the opinion that Cutler is overhyped. From the (albeit little) I've seen of him, he just doesn't display great mechanics. Maybe if he goes to a team with a solid QB coach, he'll be great. Maybe he doesn't. So will Cutler be a bust in the NFL? It's really about 50 50... and the rest of the QBs, in any draft, don't have much better of a ratio. But Leinart, talent-surrounded or not, still learned under the wisdom of Norm Chow, 2 NFL QBs (Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel), and displays great footwork, throwing motion, etc.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:19 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:I am also of the opinion that Cutler is overhyped. From the (albeit little) I've seen of him, he just doesn't display great mechanics. Maybe if he goes to a team with a solid QB coach, he'll be great. Maybe he doesn't. So will Cutler be a bust in the NFL? It's really about 50 50... and the rest of the QBs, in any draft, don't have much better of a ratio. But Leinart, talent-surrounded or not, still learned under the wisdom of Norm Chow, 2 NFL QBs (Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel), and displays great footwork, throwing motion, etc.

I agree with you on some of your points, but use them to show why I feel Cutler could be a better QB than Leinart. Leinart is already polished and has great foorwork and throwing motion but still can't throw the ball with any zip. He never will.
Cutler doesn't have the advantage of great footwork or throwing motion. But those can be coached and will help him with accuracy as well as utilizing arm stregnth. And he already can put alot on the ball. He could benefit from pro coaching more so than Leinart. Leinart may have already peaked. Which will suck for him almost as much as the team that drafts him. IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:18 pm

To shine on a suck team like Vandy, you GOTTA be good. Cutler league MVP 2011. Write it down! :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:29 pm

moochman wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:I am also of the opinion that Cutler is overhyped. From the (albeit little) I've seen of him, he just doesn't display great mechanics. Maybe if he goes to a team with a solid QB coach, he'll be great. Maybe he doesn't. So will Cutler be a bust in the NFL? It's really about 50 50... and the rest of the QBs, in any draft, don't have much better of a ratio. But Leinart, talent-surrounded or not, still learned under the wisdom of Norm Chow, 2 NFL QBs (Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel), and displays great footwork, throwing motion, etc.

I agree with you on some of your points, but use them to show why I feel Cutler could be a better QB than Leinart. Leinart is already polished and has great foorwork and throwing motion but still can't throw the ball with any zip. He never will.
Cutler doesn't have the advantage of great footwork or throwing motion. But those can be coached and will help him with accuracy as well as utilizing arm stregnth. And he already can put alot on the ball. He could benefit from pro coaching more so than Leinart. Leinart may have already peaked. Which will suck for him almost as much as the team that drafts him. IMO.

maybe, but as Tom Brady has shown (and I like neither QB), neither possess extraordinary physical traits. But both know what it takes to win...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk