Cutler, Leinart or Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler, Leinart or Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:11 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I don't have the NFL Network so that is news to me. I can't see them grabbing him at #2, they would have to trade down if they wanted him.

Unless the Titans take him first ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I'm just waiting for the massive Cutler hype to start up so he can jump past Vince Young on peoples' draft boards.

The massive Cutler hype has been going on for about a month and a half now man.

no, kidding... i'm sick to death of it already.

I put Young, but I meant to put Leinart, sorry fellas. Is Cutler already the consensus #1 QB or is that yet to come still. I'm not keeping up with the hype trains very closely. I did hear the little blurb about him being the next Brett Favre, although I don't know how old that is.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I'm just waiting for the massive Cutler hype to start up so he can jump past Vince Young on peoples' draft boards.

The massive Cutler hype has been going on for about a month and a half now man.

no, kidding... i'm sick to death of it already.

I put Young, but I meant to put Leinart, sorry fellas. Is Cutler already the consensus #1 QB or is that yet to come still. I'm not keeping up with the hype trains very closely. I did hear the little blurb about him being the next Brett Favre, although I don't know how old that is.

He hasn't passed Leinart yet...but he's about even now. And the Jets may have changed their mind on who they will try to trade up to get. Cutler could end up the #1 pick Overall. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I also don't think Any of the QBs this year are going to be superstars. Young and Leinart are so overhyped it's not funny. Leinart has a noodle for an arm and Young will be like Vick. Good but not great. And thats his ceiling. Cutler is the only one with a shot if you ask me to do anything GREAT in this league. And even thats a LONG shot. 2 years in a row a team may be wasting the #1 pick on an overhyped QB.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:02 pm

I am not at all sold that these 3 end up where you have them. houston may trade the 1st pick. I myself think they should (but that is a different thread). So with the senario you proposed,

I think Leinart will have the #3 career. NO just has never shown much ability to coach to the abilities of their QB. Be that cause of no O-line, lack of D to keep them in the game, lack of other offensive performers, or just not able to put a game plan together that suits the abilities of their QB. At least one of these have ocurred to the NOS almost every year of their existence.

I look to Young being #2 only because of the situation above with leinart. He I think will have a decent career. If he can sit behind McNair for 2 years (doubtful) he could have a good career and move into the #1 spot here. He does have a good arm but it needs some work and will learn this once he get to the NFL. McNair is just the guy to help him.

Cutler is moving into the best position. He will have a couple years to sit behind Warner to learn the NFL and the system. Green by that time will have had enough time to address the needs at o-line and have a pretty solid team.

so my ranking is

Cutler
Young
Leinart

Present QB skills wise I would rank

Cutler
Leinart
Young

Future QB skills wise who knows depends on alot of things. flip a freakin coin.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:18 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I am not at all sold that these 3 end up where you have them. houston may trade the 1st pick. I myself think they should (but that is a different thread). So with the senario you proposed,

I think Leinart will have the #3 career. NO just has never shown much ability to coach to the abilities of their QB. Be that cause of no O-line, lack of D to keep them in the game, lack of other offensive performers, or just not able to put a game plan together that suits the abilities of their QB. At least one of these have ocurred to the NOS almost every year of their existence.

I look to Young being #2 only because of the situation above with leinart. He I think will have a decent career. If he can sit behind McNair for 2 years (doubtful) he could have a good career and move into the #1 spot here. He does have a good arm but it needs some work and will learn this once he get to the NFL. McNair is just the guy to help him.

Cutler is moving into the best position. He will have a couple years to sit behind Warner to learn the NFL and the system. Green by that time will have had enough time to address the needs at o-line and have a pretty solid team.

so my ranking is

Cutler
Young
Leinart

Cutler
Leinart
Young

i do not see cutler making it anywhere near the 10th overall pick. the cards will have to trade up to even think about this. cutler will go before the top 5 picks are gone, probably to the jets.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:I am not at all sold that these 3 end up where you have them. houston may trade the 1st pick. I myself think they should (but that is a different thread). So with the senario you proposed,

so my ranking is

Cutler
Young
Leinart

Cutler
Leinart
Young

i do not see cutler making it anywhere near the 10th overall pick. the cards will have to trade up to even think about this. cutler will go before the top 5 picks are gone, probably to the jets.

I don't think all 3 of these guys will go to where the original post said either. was responding to his question as stated.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:28 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

so my ranking is

Cutler
Young
Leinart

Cutler
Leinart
Young

I don't think all 3 of these guys will go to where the original post said either. was responding to his question as stated.

Guys, you have to look at the date i posted the original topic. At that time it was almost gauranteed where these 3 guys were going to end up. But now, Cutler's stock has soared and Vince Young's Rose Bowl has worn off. So I agree that right now they probvably wont end up where I had originally said.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk