Very Early QB Rankings & Projections - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Very Early QB Rankings & Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:43 pm

overall not a bad list. I think McNabb is too high right now and i have Plummer up a few notches but other than that i think its a real quality list!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:45 pm

Very nice!

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby merc » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:50 pm

Brady is a solid QB in fantasy. He may not be flashy, but he's consistent, and in that position that's what you really need. Guys like Manning circa 2004 come once in a great while. A steady producer like Brady is worthy of a top-ten rating when you look at his numbers year in and year out.

Yoooooo, hear that guys to whom I am trying to trade him to.... seems like you'd be an idiot to refuse my trade offers????
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:30 pm

I see Palmer as #1 if he starts the year at 100% like Cinci is claiming. I may be biased but I have good facts to back me up. First of all, he was number 1 in 2005. 2nd, his defense is the worst of those top QBs and he is in more shootouts. 3rd, his weapons are just as good as Manning's with CJ, Housh, and Rudi (maybe better if Edge leaves the Colts). Also, the whole Cincinatti offense is predicated on the pass so he will be carrying the offense (just like Philly, New England, and Indy).

Nothing was quite as reliable as the 270 yards and 2 TDs that Palmer provided this year and I don't see much change unless he isn't healthy.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Re: Very Early QB Rankings & Projections

Postby The_Dude » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:47 pm

knapplc wrote:IF the Texans draft a decent RB and shores up that O-Line (and that'll take a LOT of shoring), and IF that RB produces well enough to keep defenses honest, then I think Carr is way undervalued at 17. But that's a lot of "ifs" to overcome.

Wh-wh-wh-what? RB is the last position the Texans need to draft. The best player on that team is a RB who has been extremely solid the last couple of years given the chumps that are blocking for him. The Texans offensive woes start and stop with an abysmal line.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:10 pm

The_Dude wrote:
knapplc wrote:IF the Texans draft a decent RB and shores up that O-Line (and that'll take a LOT of shoring), and IF that RB produces well enough to keep defenses honest, then I think Carr is way undervalued at 17. But that's a lot of "ifs" to overcome.

Wh-wh-wh-what? RB is the last position the Texans need to draft. The best player on that team is a RB who has been extremely solid the last couple of years given the chumps that are blocking for him. The Texans offensive woes start and stop with an abysmal line.

Glad I'm not the only one who that the same thing. If the Texans try to upgrade any skilled position it should be TE or WR, to take some of the coverage pressure off of AJ.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:46 pm

maddog60 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one who that the same thing. If the Texans try to upgrade any skilled position it should be TE or WR, to take some of the coverage pressure off of AJ.

Man I tell you. when you say this kind of stuff here everyuone jumps up and says you a stupid. They all (the vast majority anyway) want VY.

A line is all the Texans need to compete. I say trade the #1 pick and work on O-line. That said, If the #1 pick is kept and they don't shore up the o-line, the Texans need to draft VY cause they will need him to replace Carr when he gets beat up so bad his career is done.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:06 pm

knapplc wrote:
merc wrote:But will doing fine, do?

Brady has compared comparably with the second-tier of fantasy QBs for the past several years. As a Bulger owner, I know that he's often a sexy pick in the early rounds based on the style of offense and receivers available in St. Louis, but over the past three seasons or so, Brady's TD numbers are better than Bulger's.

Brady is a solid QB in fantasy. He may not be flashy, but he's consistent, and in that position that's what you really need. Guys like Manning circa 2004 come once in a great while. A steady producer like Brady is worthy of a top-ten rating when you look at his numbers year in and year out.

knapp hit the nail on the head. Brady is consistent and solid. Bulger has potential every year and fails to live up to it every year because he gets injured.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:00 pm

i was about to go on a pro-donovan rant, but I'll keep it reasonable. I think he should be third, he has proven he can produce without a number 1 in the past. Plus, he has westrbrook, smith and an emerging brown to deal with--he came on strong at the end, and considering the teams they played in the back half of the season--giants twice, skins, who had something to play for, he acquitted himself nicely. Plus, I would bet they get moulds if cut, maybe someone like llyod or randel el.

Ok, now on to others--I would think Bulger might be better off now that mad martz ain't running the show. maybe he will be protected a little more?

I think plummer is a little low as well.

Is it just me, or does the Qb position turn to much after 14?

Also, brees, cpepp, big ben and warner all seem like big ???s to me, and eli is a minor question at this point. he has loads of talent and a good crew, but he also looked lost and faded a tad last season.

I don't think qb is that deep, considering the following are coming off of injury this year:

palmer, bulger, cpepp, brees.

Then you have hard to peg guys like eli, big ben and trent green (bad season)

I think I am aiming for hasselbeck/delhomme if I can, that is the value nexus for me.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 pm

eaglesrule wrote:i was about to go on a pro-donovan rant, but I'll keep it reasonable. I think he should be third, he has proven he can produce without a number 1 in the past. Plus, he has westrbrook, smith and an emerging brown to deal with--he came on strong at the end, and considering the teams they played in the back half of the season--giants twice, skins, who had something to play for, he acquitted himself nicely. Plus, I would bet they get moulds if cut, maybe someone like llyod or randel el.

Ok, now on to others--I would think Bulger might be better off now that mad martz ain't running the show. maybe he will be protected a little more?

I think plummer is a little low as well.

Is it just me, or does the Qb position turn to much after 14?

Also, brees, cpepp, big ben and warner all seem like big ???s to me, and eli is a minor question at this point. he has loads of talent and a good crew, but he also looked lost and faded a tad last season.

I don't think qb is that deep, considering the following are coming off of injury this year:

palmer, bulger, cpepp, brees.

Then you have hard to peg guys like eli, big ben and trent green (bad season)

I think I am aiming for hasselbeck/delhomme if I can, that is the value nexus for me.

you didnt incluse donovan in you coming off of injury list. im not sure its much of an issue because he had surgery about midseason, but a bigger issue is his weapons. TO may have been a @$$hole, but he was really good. reggie brown may not be able to fill the role as the number one guy. free agents and the draft arent particularly strong for wide receivers this year either. he is still a solid option, but he may drop a few spots.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk