Very Early QB Rankings & Projections - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Very Early QB Rankings & Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:48 pm

The biggest problem that I have with these rankings is that he doesn' even follow his own projections!! By his projections Delhomme has more points in almost all leagues than Hasselbeck, and Carson Palmer overtakes McNabb according to his projections for any leagues with a min. of 4 pt TDs and 25 yards per pt. and -2 ints. Many leagues count less yardage and more TDs, so Carson exceeds that. Perhaps he's taking risk into account, but shouldn't risk be calculated into projections??

Also his projections have eli over trent but his rankings don't match the same goes for warner, as he should be over trent and behind eli in most leagues by his projections.

If you're going to do projections... do the math and set a scoring system and then your rankings are already done.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm

skibrett15 wrote:The biggest problem that I have with these rankings is that he doesn' even follow his own projections!!

Nice call Skibrett. I just assumed his rankings matched his projections. That's kinda shoddy work if he didnt bother to do that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:15 pm

I think McNair is WAAAY to low.....he should easily be #1! McNair >> All ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:18 pm

Warner is too high simply because he'll get hurt. This isn't me trying to predict injury; he will get hurt. He throws the ball way too much and his line is not good enough to keep him on his feet. He threw the ball atleast 39 times in every game he played start to finish...too many passes with a crappy O-line to not get hurt. If the dude could stay healthy all year, he's probably a top 10 QB just on the sheer number of times he throws a game

Roethlisberger will throw over 20TDs this year and have his best yardage year yet. He'll now be in his 3rd year of the same offense and I think expected to take on a little bit bigger role. He's not going to have a Palmer type year but you will still easily snag him in the 7th or 8th round and love the value he gives you as your starting QB, especially strong value in TD heavy leagues. He'll throw slightly over 3,000 yards I think but his TDs will be comparative to others who throw for 3500+ yards.

Eli will fall off too because of his poor finish last year but I'd expect career highs in yards and TDs. Another 6th rounder or so. Eli and Ben will prove once again that its foolish to take QBs early when properity abounds always in later rounds.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:29 pm

you didnt incluse donovan in you coming off of injury list. im not sure its much of an issue because he had surgery about midseason, but a bigger issue is his weapons. TO may have been a @$$hole, but he was really good. reggie brown may not be able to fill the role as the number one guy. free agents and the draft arent particularly strong for wide receivers this year either. he is still a solid option, but he may drop a few spots.

True, but withsaid injury, donovan was top two before his surgery. And he was performing atypically in terms of turnovers. Donovan was also number one quality at one point with thrash and pinkston as his receivers, which is why I made my point.

Yes, wr and etc aren't strong for wr, but the eagles really need a solid guy with their philosophy, not a super stud--although super stud doens't hurt

If they were to get a moulds or lloyd, their offense would click big time, especially if donovan can run again. teams wouldn't know how to cover them.

Callit homerism or whatever, but the fact is donovan has been a fantasy stuf WITH thrash/pinkston, na brown/torrance small, terell owens/todd pinkston, so I don't doubt that he will be dam fine with reggien brown and relaistically brandon llyod/eric moulds.

especialy when you consider biran westrbook puts up #2 wr numbers out of the backfield.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Very Early QB Rankings & Projections

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:41 pm

The_Dude wrote:
knapplc wrote:IF the Texans draft a decent RB and shores up that O-Line (and that'll take a LOT of shoring), and IF that RB produces well enough to keep defenses honest, then I think Carr is way undervalued at 17. But that's a lot of "ifs" to overcome.

Wh-wh-wh-what? RB is the last position the Texans need to draft. The best player on that team is a RB who has been extremely solid the last couple of years given the chumps that are blocking for him. The Texans offensive woes start and stop with an abysmal line.

I'm aware that Davis has been the star of the very poor show in Houston these past three years. However, his injury-prone status makes him a liability that the Texans are looking to work around. He missed what - five games this year alone?

All I'm really saying is that Davis is unreliable. He has that injury-prone smell on him.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:11 am

merc wrote:
Brady is a solid QB in fantasy. He may not be flashy, but he's consistent, and in that position that's what you really need. Guys like Manning circa 2004 come once in a great while. A steady producer like Brady is worthy of a top-ten rating when you look at his numbers year in and year out.

Yoooooo, hear that guys to whom I am trying to trade him to.... seems like you'd be an idiot to refuse my trade offers????

Hey you traded him to me :*)

The rankings look solid if the Eagles dont land a new wideout next year which they most likely definatly will then I could see Daunte slipping a few spots.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk