49ers Win Coin Toss: Will Pick 6th In Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers Win Coin Toss: Will Pick 6th In Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

49ers Win Coin Toss: Will Pick 6th In Draft

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:52 pm

ESPN Wire - The 49ers won the coin toss on Friday and will get the sixth pick in the draft while the losing franchise, the Raiders will pick seventh. The Bay Area teams both finished 4-12 last season, tying for the sixth and seventh picks. Because they also tied on strength of schedule, a coin toss was required.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:59 pm

Small victory for 49ers fans...

I'm wondering if AJ falls to #6 now. If he does, SF nabs him up. I bet all my chips on that.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:01 pm

I think this is a pretty big thing because now SF gets whoever falls to them between AJ Hawk and Mario Williams. I'm sure SF has to be very pleased about this.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:18 pm

mattb47 wrote:I think this is a pretty big thing because now SF gets whoever falls to them between AJ Hawk and Mario Williams. I'm sure SF has to be very pleased about this.

Agreed. There is a big dropoff from AJ, Mario, D'Brick to Winston Justice, Michael Huff, and Ngata.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wizzle » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:36 pm

Wow, their whole season's of suckitude came down to a coinflip. ;-D
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:13 pm

Thats pretty big. My Raiders' fan friend is devastated. He makes a good point too. Mario or AJ were both no-brainers, but now the Raiders will have a tough decision to make and I don't really have confidence in their draft decisions.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:15 pm

Wow...what a coin flip. High tension. SF's going to the super bowl for sure now... ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 pm

That's the 1st time I heard "49ers" and "win" in the same sentence in a very long time.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby jayday » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:38 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Thats pretty big. My Raiders' fan friend is devastated. He makes a good point too. Mario or AJ were both no-brainers, but now the Raiders will have a tough decision to make and I don't really have confidence in their draft decisions.

Raiders really got screwed...They already had a coin flip and won....Then SF and the league cried "do-over"...

I guess the Raiders should've called "no takesies-backsies"...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:44 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:That's the 1st time I heard "49ers" and "win" in the same sentence in a very long time.

Ha, I thought about that too :-b

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk