49ers Win Coin Toss: Will Pick 6th In Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

49ers Win Coin Toss: Will Pick 6th In Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Biguns wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Biguns wrote:Go ahead kick us while we are down, i am confident in Nolan to get this thing turned around. At least we have five rings to look back on, every team goes through some down years but only 2 other franchises have 5 rings to be proud of. So heres your niner sentance with win in it..............
The Niners are a proud franchise that has won 5 bowls and will bounce back to win 5 more.

That is loser talk.

please explain, i would love to hear a cheeseheads opinion

You don't hear me lauding Packers SB wins of the past. I want to win every year, no way would I rest on the Packers laurels and be satisfied. Past wins aren't making me enjoy a bad season much more, if at all.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Personally I don't think it is that big of a deal for the Raiders because their biggest need is at DT, and Ngata is on the same tier talent wise as Hawk and Mario IMO. Ngata is very big, strong, and athletic and incredibly talented, he will do well in the NFL.

I agree, this really affects the Bills the most. Most mocks have the Bills taking Ngata, and the Raiders taking Hawk/Mario Williams, but now it seems all but certain the Raiders will take Ngata (especially since one of Ted Washington and Warren Sapp will get cut to fit under the cap. Both are overrated.)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wizzle » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:20 pm

Biguns wrote:
Biguns wrote:Go ahead kick us while we are down, i am confident in Nolan to get this thing turned around. At least we have five rings to look back on, every team goes through some down years but only 2 other franchises have 5 rings to be proud of. So heres your niner sentance with win in it..............
The Niners are a proud franchise that has won 5 bowls and will bounce back to win 5 more.

That is loser talk.

You don't hear me lauding Packers SB wins of the past. I want to win every year, no way would I rest on the Packers laurels and be satisfied. Past wins aren't making me enjoy a bad season much more, if at all.

The Lions have 0 bowl wins! Now what!
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Wizzle wrote:
Biguns wrote:

That is loser talk.

The Lions have 0 bowl wins! Now what!

hey, we do have 1 playoff win in the Superbowl era though...and thank god it was against those stupid Cowboys
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Biguns » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:44 pm

Biguns wrote:

That is loser talk.

Where did i say i was satisfied? I don't enjoy my team losing either but it is easier to swollow knowing they have been there before and gives me reason and hope to believe they are gonna do it again. If you don't want to enjoy you SB's for more than a couple days then that is your deal, but doesn't make me a "loser"
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST
- RICKY BOBBY
Biguns
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:07 pm

maddog60 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Personally I don't think it is that big of a deal for the Raiders because their biggest need is at DT, and Ngata is on the same tier talent wise as Hawk and Mario IMO. Ngata is very big, strong, and athletic and incredibly talented, he will do well in the NFL.

I agree, this really affects the Bills the most. Most mocks have the Bills taking Ngata, and the Raiders taking Hawk/Mario Williams, but now it seems all but certain the Raiders will take Ngata (especially since one of Ted Washington and Warren Sapp will get cut to fit under the cap. Both are overrated.)

Seems like Ngata's stock has been rising lately, it wouldn't be out of the question to see him goto SF or even GB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Biguns wrote:
Biguns wrote:

That is loser talk.

Where did i say i was satisfied? I don't enjoy my team losing either but it is easier to swollow knowing they have been there before and gives me reason and hope to believe they are gonna do it again. If you don't want to enjoy you SB's for more than a couple days then that is your deal, but doesn't make me a "loser"

I say you have a couple of years to enjoy them, 10 years later, you should'nt still be revelling in their glory.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:26 pm

Superbowl 41..

Niners vs. Titans
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby rsjrx21 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:02 pm

jayday wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:Thats pretty big. My Raiders' fan friend is devastated. He makes a good point too. Mario or AJ were both no-brainers, but now the Raiders will have a tough decision to make and I don't really have confidence in their draft decisions.

Raiders really got screwed...They already had a coin flip and won....Then SF and the league cried "do-over"...

I guess the Raiders should've called "no takesies-backsies"...

so what happened? how did we not get the 6th pick?
rsjrx21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:25 pm

the niners and the raiders had the same record and the same strength of schedule. so a coin flip was recently issued and the niners apparently won.

there are 5 other (perhaps 6) other teams that were worse off then the niners were this year.

Houston - Has a top notch WR in AJ (even though he blew most of the first half of the season) and Davis.
NO - they didn't have McAllister for most of the season but they had Joe Horn.
Tenn - well..at least they have a once proven commodity in McNair...
NYJ - Abraham, Coles, Martin: several big names here.
GB - Lots of injuries left them about like the niners this year but they have Favre.
Oak - Jordan, Moss...

Point being, I feel like my niners did more with so much less proven commodities. I'm just worried that I haven't heard them making a splash in the free agent market.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk