Minneapolis Media Blues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Minneapolis Media Blues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Minneapolis Media Blues

Postby purplebleeder » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:31 pm

Seems like all of the local press are up in arms about actually having to work for a living. I for one am glad that Brad Childress and company aren't broadcasting their every move like the Tice regime did.

Here's a pretty good article, calling out the local hacks.

By Mike Lurie
Vikingsboard.net

In a recent diatribe that was targeted at the "new" Vikings front office, apparently now known as "Wilf's Triangle of Silence", Judd Zulgad and Charley Walters made official what most of us secretly knew all along; the Minneapolis media is the most useless group of hacks in the nation.

Zulgad's article entitled: "Vikings want privacy and lots of public money" is a clear message that the local beat writers aren't happy about having to now work for their stories, unlike the past 5 years that saw former coach Mike Tice offer countless instances of verbal blunder after verbal blunder and unadulterated raw material.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mike Tice. I was a staunch Tice supporter when he was in Minnesota and I wish him the best now that he is in Jacksonville. But let's face it, Mike Tice was an ever flowing stream of blooper reel material for the local press and they took advantage of every second of it. For years, the likes of Bob Sansevere, Patrick Reusse and Charley Walters made an easy living off of Mike Tice, and now that he is gone, they don't know what to do with themselves.

READ MORE
purplebleeder
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minnesota Vikings