golf equipment - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

golf equipment

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:00 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Moon, I wonder why you use such a low loft on the driver. Have you ever tried a 10/10.5? Unless the ground is rediculously firm I find carry much more useful than raw distance. If you're a good player like yourself I'm sure then those 5-10 yards you may lose really aren't that big of a deal. Maybe it's just a comfort thing with the low loft, and that is a good enough reason for me.

I'm an extremely high ball hitter. Plus I like the more boring trajectory in the Oklahoma wind. There's no denying that with a higher loft you maximize your distance...but I'll balloon a driver with that kind of loft. I hit it plenty far enough as it is. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:09 pm

moonhead wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Moon, I wonder why you use such a low loft on the driver. Have you ever tried a 10/10.5? Unless the ground is rediculously firm I find carry much more useful than raw distance. If you're a good player like yourself I'm sure then those 5-10 yards you may lose really aren't that big of a deal. Maybe it's just a comfort thing with the low loft, and that is a good enough reason for me.

I'm an extremely high ball hitter. Plus I like the more boring trajectory in the Oklahoma wind. There's no denying that with a higher loft you maximize your distance...but I'll balloon a driver with that kind of loft. I hit it plenty far enough as it is. :-D

For some reason people seem to advocate 10.5* drivers now a days, and even a lot of tour pros are going to a 10.5*. I play 9.5 and I still hit it too high a lot of the time. I think that it depends on how fast you swing and what kind of swing you have.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:11 pm

i just saw davis love iii hit it 326 off the tee with a 7.5* driver. everyone is different. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:13 pm

moonhead wrote:i just saw davis love iii hit it 326 off the tee with a 7.5* driver. everyone is different. ;-D

Yea its all in your swing and how you impact the ball....no two the same

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:23 pm

im a taylormade guy.

i have Rac OS irons and a 540 10.5 degree driver. I hit the ball fairly low and i have found that if i dont have at least a 10 degree face i can hardly get the ball off the ground.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:32 pm

ODYSEE putter...
King Cobra irons...
Taylor Made 3 and 5 woods...
NIKE driver...

...woot.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jayday » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:26 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
moonhead wrote:

For some reason people seem to advocate 10.5* drivers now a days, and even a lot of tour pros are going to a 10.5*. I play 9.5 and I still hit it too high a lot of the time. I think that it depends on how fast you swing and what kind of swing you have.

Hehe, my ball hits the moon with a 10.5....I have to use a 9.5...

I've used a 7.5 before, seemed like that was too straight....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Also have an Odyssey white hot putter i bought last fall...i love those things!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:29 pm

jayday wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Hehe, my ball hits the moon with a 10.5....I have to use a 9.5...

I've used a 7.5 before, seemed like that was too straight....

kick points and shaft flex have monumental effects on trajectory with woods. and there are some crazy ideas out there, combining low launch shafts with high lofts that create weird flight paths. it's unbelievable how scientific golf has become in the past decade or so.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:39 am

I have some Pro Staffs. I've been using them forever. I took a couple years off from golf. I caddied for four years at a Yacht Club before I moved away. I honed my skills and got under 80 one of my last few times at the YC. After the couple years off I picked it up again when college started. I'd like to get out more and am going to try and teach my wife how to play this summer. I also use an Oddyssey Blade putter(one of the first ones they produced) I love that thing.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk