Larry Fitzgerald vs. Anquan Boldin - 2006

Fitzgerald
77%
Boldin
23%

Total votes : 44

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Maybe nobody read it when I posted this last time because someone posted right after me. But I don't think that Boldin is "injury prone" persay. I think that it is a very positive thing that everyone thought that Boldin was hurt for the season again last year and he made a very fast recovery and not only that, but he was at full strength and had a huge game on his first game back (8 rec, 105 yds, 1 TD). If he was badly hurt this season and missed a good part of the season then I could see the injury prone tag, but he's had one bad injury and one that kept him out of only two games and he still finished with nearly the same numbers as Fitz.

I honestly think that Boldin will put up better numbers this next year, Fitzgerald might in the long run but for the next couple of years I see Boldin putting up the better numbers.

Boldin's injury history dates back to college and I'm 90% sure it includes an ACL that also happened during non-contact. Boldin's injury history just cannot be ignored at this point IMO.

Exactly. You guys are all buying way too high on Boldin. I digged getting him last year because he was coming off an off-year, mostly because of injury.. so he fell. Those of you drafting Boldin in the 3rd will be regretting it.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Ken i dont think could disagree with you more on Fitzgeralds ability to catch the ball. from what i have seen his hands are nothing short of amazing. He has good height and can go up and get the ball. No he isnt the fastest reciever ever but has enough speed to beat a corner down the field. I really think he is one of the most talented recievers in the league. He might not put up the biggest numbers next year because of his situation but his talent and ability cannot be denied.

It seems to me that you have a personal vendetta against Fitz. I really dont understand where you are coming from. I guess time will tell though....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 pm

He does drop balls sometimes, but I don't think enough to say that he has poor hands. It does happen on occasion though like Kensat said where he seems to get almost lazy in a way on easier passes. But that's easy enough to correct and doesn't happen enough for it to be considered a problem.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:54 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Ken i dont think could disagree with you more on Fitzgeralds ability to catch the ball. from what i have seen his hands are nothing short of amazing. He has good height and can go up and get the ball. No he isnt the fastest reciever ever but has enough speed to beat a corner down the field. I really think he is one of the most talented recievers in the league. He might not put up the biggest numbers next year because of his situation but his talent and ability cannot be denied.

It seems to me that you have a personal vendetta against Fitz. I really dont understand where you are coming from. I guess time will tell though....

He's got great hands, but he has lapses in concentration at time. Great talent, great ability, lacks in consistency. Speed is not a problem for Fitzgerald, he doesn't need to catch 40-yard bombs to be a solid WR.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk