Rudi Johnson, what is he worth to you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rudi Johnson, what is he worth to you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:03 am

Here is who I would draft before Rudi in no particular order.

LT, LJ, SA, Tiki, Edge, Portis, L. Jordan, S. Jackson, McGahee, Westbrook.

So I agree with Skibrett with the addition of Westbrook.

So I guess Rudi is around #11 on my list.

He would make me nervous as a #1 though.

Just one of those guys I have trouble trusting for some reason.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stelly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:09 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:Here is who I would draft before Rudi in no particular order.

I absolutely agree with taking LT, LJ, SA, Tiki, Edge, and Portis over Rudi. I think Jordan and Rudi are pretty close, though Jordan would have a huge advantage in a PPR league.

But how can you justify taking McGahee over Rudi this coming year?? Over the past two years, Rudi had had better stats, and is in a MUCH better offense.
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Stelly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:10 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Stelly wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Solid #2 RB

Seriously guys, don't draft 2 downs RBs as your #1 guy. Jamal Lewis should have taught you that lesson last season. That 3rd down RB can make a bigger impact than you think. Notice how Rudi didn't really start picking it up until Perry started getting hurt again late in the season....

What was it Rudi had like 2 TDs 9 weeks into the season before he started going off? Chris Perry coming in near the goalline in passing formations? Chris Perry coming in as a change of pace for series at a time? Scary to have a #1 RB that is held below 100 yards and without a TD for weeks at a time. At least Clinton Portis breaks long runs occasionally and is used in the passing game.

You hit the "Nail on the head" with that Kensat.

It wasn't just a coincidence that he put up better numbers the more Perry was missing time.

Of course the odds on another injury to Michigan RB Chris Perry are pretty high, but still you don't want to have to bet on an injury(even a likely one) to justify a first round draft pick.

It seems weird to me that a guy who, for the past 2 years, has ripped off 1,400 yards and 12 TDs is a "decent #2." To me, that's #1RB numbers. He may go late first, early second round, but he's still a #1 RB in my estimation.

I drafted Rudi a 2.8 in a 10 team league last year. Good pick. Now, I have the option to keep him for my 1.8 pick next season. Considering who's going to be kept at RB (LJ, Tiki, Portis, Jordan, SJax, Cadillac, R. Brown), I think he's a good keeper at 1.8. Agree/Disagree?!

How was your record the first 10 weeks of the season when Rudi had 2 TD's?

The first 9 weeks of the season Rudi scored UNDER 10 points 6 out of 9 games.

I started the season 8-0, thank you very much. ;-D
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:52 pm

i dont think Lamont or Westbrook should be considered. The only way they can even been considered about Rudi Johnson is in a ppr league and even then i still have Rudi ranked above them. With the addition of a new head coach of the Raiders Im not confident that Lamont will get as many recieving stats as last year. Especially with the instabilty of the Raiders franchise, i just dont want to have a Raider this year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:08 pm

Stelly wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Stelly wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Solid #2 RB

Seriously guys, don't draft 2 downs RBs as your #1 guy. Jamal Lewis should have taught you that lesson last season. That 3rd down RB can make a bigger impact than you think. Notice how Rudi didn't really start picking it up until Perry started getting hurt again late in the season....

What was it Rudi had like 2 TDs 9 weeks into the season before he started going off? Chris Perry coming in near the goalline in passing formations? Chris Perry coming in as a change of pace for series at a time? Scary to have a #1 RB that is held below 100 yards and without a TD for weeks at a time. At least Clinton Portis breaks long runs occasionally and is used in the passing game.

You hit the "Nail on the head" with that Kensat.

It wasn't just a coincidence that he put up better numbers the more Perry was missing time.

Of course the odds on another injury to Michigan RB Chris Perry are pretty high, but still you don't want to have to bet on an injury(even a likely one) to justify a first round draft pick.

It seems weird to me that a guy who, for the past 2 years, has ripped off 1,400 yards and 12 TDs is a "decent #2." To me, that's #1RB numbers. He may go late first, early second round, but he's still a #1 RB in my estimation.

I drafted Rudi a 2.8 in a 10 team league last year. Good pick. Now, I have the option to keep him for my 1.8 pick next season. Considering who's going to be kept at RB (LJ, Tiki, Portis, Jordan, SJax, Cadillac, R. Brown), I think he's a good keeper at 1.8. Agree/Disagree?!

I started the season 8-0, thank you very much. ;-D

It wasn't because of Rudi ;-)

If Rudi lasted until the 18th pick of your draft I have to question the sanity of the other owners in your league.

If you know I would like to see the first couple rounds of your draft. Who in the world went before Rudi in round 2 :-?
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Stelly wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:Here is who I would draft before Rudi in no particular order.

I absolutely agree with taking LT, LJ, SA, Tiki, Edge, and Portis over Rudi. I think Jordan and Rudi are pretty close, though Jordan would have a huge advantage in a PPR league.

But how can you justify taking McGahee over Rudi this coming year?? Over the past two years, Rudi had had better stats, and is in a MUCH better offense.

I can't justify it...lol...like I said, just something about Rudi I don't trust.

He has had knee trouble the past couple years but has produced nonetheless.

McGahee is more of a 3 down back and he can go nowhere but up.

Jordan does scare me a little so Rudi probably should go over him in all honesty.

Ok OK, i concede. Rudi probably is a #1 fantasy RB as much as it pains me to say so.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Stelly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:

I started the season 8-0, thank you very much. ;-D[/quote]

It wasn't because of Rudi ;-)

If Rudi lasted until the 18th pick of your draft I have to question the sanity of the other owners in your league.

If you know I would like to see the first couple rounds of your draft. Who in the world went before Rudi in round 2 :-?[/quote]

No, it definitely was NOT Rudi. It was a combination of Brett Favre's good half a season, plus TO and Steve Smith.

Definitely some wacky owners in my league. Here are the RB's that went ahead of Rudi, in order:

LT
SA
McGahee
K. Jones
J. Lewis
Priest
J. Jones
Edge
Dillon
Deuce
D.Davis
Portis