Moulds refuses to restructure - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moulds refuses to restructure

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:29 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:Moulds is past his prime.

Lee Evans is hitting his prime.

Moulds has little value.

Lee Evans has much value.

4 simple facts to sum it all up.

As I recall, there was this one guy that had a lot of talent on the Bills. He lined up opposite Moulds, and put up some killer numbers. After his contract ran out, he decided to get PAID, and so he left for another team.

This season, he returned punts for the Cowboys until he was cut midseason.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:19 pm

I really don't think that Moulds is going to go around wanting as much money as he was asking for in Buffalo. I think a lot of that was just his way of getting out of there because all I heard all season was about how much Moulds didn't like it there. I think that he will try to go to a team where he can actually be a winner for a few years before he retires. I think Pittsburgh would be a good fit for him.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:23 pm

mattb47 wrote:I really don't think that Moulds is going to go around wanting as much money as he was asking for in Buffalo. I think a lot of that was just his way of getting out of there because all I heard all season was about how much Moulds didn't like it there. I think that he will try to go to a team where he can actually be a winner for a few years before he retires. I think Pittsburgh would be a good fit for him.

it might be a good strategy to win now, but the steelers said they arent going after free agents this year. the draft sounds like a good option. can anyone say santonio holmes???
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:19 pm

If the Bill's weren't such a dumb franchise and didn't kick Bledsoe to the curb before last season, Moulds would be worth what his cap figure was paying him.

Moulds is still a #1 WR on half the teams in the NFL. In case someone isn't convinced, there are the teams IMO where Moulds is an upgrade at #1 WR:

SF
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Philly
Dallas
Atlanta
San Diego
KC
Cleveland
Tennessee
Houston
Jacksonville
NYJ
BUFFALO
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:If the Bill's weren't such a dumb franchise and didn't kick Bledsoe to the curb before last season, Moulds would be worth what his cap figure was paying him. Moulds is still a #1 WR on half the teams in the NFL.

yea, but for how much longer??? he is a great player but is eclipsing his prime.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:If the Bill's weren't such a dumb franchise and didn't kick Bledsoe to the curb before last season, Moulds would be worth what his cap figure was paying him. Moulds is still a #1 WR on half the teams in the NFL.

yea, but for how much longer??? he is a great player but is eclipsing his prime.

How often is a bonafide #1 WR on the FA market? Randel El is getting a lot of FA chatter, but I think he's still a marginal #2 WR. Plaxico Burress last season was a rare signing, and a lot teams only passed him up because of the attitude problem.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:28 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

He's only been "eclipsing" as you say because of the lack of a QB in Buffalo. Kensat is right, he's still a #1 WR on a lot of teams.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:28 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

Moulds has little value.

As I recall, there was this one guy that had a lot of talent on the Bills. He lined up opposite Moulds, and put up some killer numbers. After his contract ran out, he decided to get PAID, and so he left for another team.

This season, he returned punts for the Cowboys until he was cut midseason.

Very good point. ;-D

Evans hasnt shown much in his brief career. Yes he is fast and a deep threat but is he really anything more? will he be able to get open when the defenses number 1 corner is covering him? Although i dont blame the Bills for getting rid of a problematic Moulds it seems to me that they are sentencing there offense to another horrific season...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:36 pm

Moulds is a legit #1 WR. Even though I want the Eagles to sign him, I hope its not to longer than a 3 year contract. I would say he might maintain #1 WR status for 2 more years, and be serviceable for a 3rd before he's done. I would agree that he would make a better #1 WR on all the of the teams Kensat mentioned (save Jacksonville, I think Jimmy Smith is better currently).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:49 pm

Moulds has little value.

:-b Please...Wanna have a little wager on that?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk