Moulds refuses to restructure - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moulds refuses to restructure

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:31 pm

maddog60 wrote:Moulds is a legit #1 WR. Even though I want the Eagles to sign him, I hope its not to longer than a 3 year contract. I would say he might maintain #1 WR status for 2 more years, and be serviceable for a 3rd before he's done. I would agree that he would make a better #1 WR on all the of the teams Kensat mentioned (save Jacksonville, I think Jimmy Smith is better currently).

I could see him signing a similar contract to Joe Horn's last season, where it was a 7 year contract on paper, but in reality it was a 3 or 4 year contract.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:51 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:Moulds is past his prime.

Lee Evans is hitting his prime.

Moulds has little value.

Lee Evans has much value.

4 simple facts to sum it all up.

As I recall, there was this one guy that had a lot of talent on the Bills. He lined up opposite Moulds, and put up some killer numbers. After his contract ran out, he decided to get PAID, and so he left for another team.

This season, he returned punts for the Cowboys until he was cut midseason.

Very good point. ;-D

Evans hasnt shown much in his brief career. Yes he is fast and a deep threat but is he really anything more? will he be able to get open when the defenses number 1 corner is covering him? Although i dont blame the Bills for getting rid of a problematic Moulds it seems to me that they are sentencing there offense to another horrific season...

I'd say that Evans has had a pretty impressive career. He has only played two seasons and has put up some pretty good numbers playing for Buffalo. His rookie season was probably the 2nd most impressive after Michael Clayton's and he had a solid sophmore campaign.

Plus he is Losman's favorite target, so if JP is the QB of the future, it bodes well for #83.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:07 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:Moulds is past his prime.

Lee Evans is hitting his prime.

Moulds has little value.

Lee Evans has much value.

4 simple facts to sum it all up.

As I recall, there was this one guy that had a lot of talent on the Bills. He lined up opposite Moulds, and put up some killer numbers. After his contract ran out, he decided to get PAID, and so he left for another team.

This season, he returned punts for the Cowboys until he was cut midseason.

Very good point. ;-D

Evans hasnt shown much in his brief career. Yes he is fast and a deep threat but is he really anything more? will he be able to get open when the defenses number 1 corner is covering him? Although i dont blame the Bills for getting rid of a problematic Moulds it seems to me that they are sentencing there offense to another horrific season...

I'd say that Evans has had a pretty impressive career. He has only played two seasons and has put up some pretty good numbers playing for Buffalo. His rookie season was probably the 2nd most impressive after Michael Clayton's and he had a solid sophmore campaign.

Plus he is Losman's favorite target, so if JP is the QB of the future, it bodes well for #83.

How is it good for any reciever to have Losman manning the ship? :-?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:15 pm

I don't think it's good for him, but he was a better option than Moulds last year when Losman was in.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:31 am

Moulds rejected another attempt to take a cut

Veteran receiver Eric Moulds ' future with the Buffalo Bills became more uncertain after he rejected the team's second request this week to take a pay cut.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/9279258
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk