New & Different Redraft/Keeper/Stealer League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

New & Different Redraft/Keeper/Stealer League

Moderator: Football Moderators

New & Different Redraft/Keeper/Stealer League

Postby merc » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:11 pm

First, this is not a first come, first served league.

I have personally invited some folks whom I know fill the owner requirements, and they get first dibs, yet, I know that there are folks here on FFC who also are enthusiasts as I am, for both football and HT/Music. If you have to ask what HT is... do not respond in this thread. ;-)

Also, like Hollywood, this league will be different, combining a redraft and Keeper league, along with the strategy of a gambler playing Pick-from-the-left poker.

Here are some of the rules:
The name of this league would be called the "HT Early Adopter's Keeper League" and here are some of the unique rules.

1. Each year, we would have a manual, NFL style draft(not serpentine), via a draft room forum on the Fantasy Football Cafe. The draft would be a 6 round iniitial draft of veteran players(no rookies like Bush), starting ASAP. Folks get 24 hours to make their pick, and would be notified of their turn to pick via PM on the FFC site.

2. One week after the end of the initial 6 round draft, we would then have a single round of picks, held in reverse order from the initial draft order, in which an owner could pick a player from another teams 6 player roster. Each team could only lose 1 player during that second round of picks/steals.

3. Following that steal round, each owner would name his year's 4 keeper players.

4. After the real NFL draft, we would then have a serpentine draft of rookies and remaining unkept vets, in the following order with reference to the original round (assuming 10 team league) - 6, 5, 7, 4, 8, 3, 9, 2, 10, 1.

5. Once all this is finished, the league would then be administered via Yahoo on their free FF football site.

Other details, like scoring, will be worked out and voted upon on the FFC league forum, in our draft room, prior to the initial draft.

So... if you love football, and HT/music and know at least what DMCA, RIAA, MPAA and HDTV mean... please post if you are interested in joining our league.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Merc, whats HT??? :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby merc » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 pm

GSOE,

HT=Home Theater...

I want to make this league one where folks can discuss both football and movies/music in our homes. In other words... we're jocks who also are electonics geeks as well.... :-D

Hope that makes sense... PM me.
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:41 pm

Merc,
it was actually just a joke....a very bad one obviously.....since you had said that if you didnt know what HT was dont respond to the thread.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:51 pm

i'm interested if there is room still left. the whole set up seems pretty interesting.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby merc » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Actually... the whole setup might change anyway... since I am getting challenges from HT/music, YES, HT/music forums as to being in this league as a whole, rather than as single owners?

Maybe we need to do a four division league with us from FFC and the other teams from three of the HT forums which I've contacted???

In a way, it would be jocks vs shocks... so to speak? :-D

And yes, GSOE would be in if he wanted..... as we'd drop our artyy requirement in that case. ;-D
Last edited by merc on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:36 pm

well im not sure if i could keep up with all these crazy rules anyways merc. Thanks for the invite though. Good luck with this thing! ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Classifieds